Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod touch got wet, and i lost my Wi-Fi!!!??

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-07-2009, 09:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod touch got wet, and i lost my Wi-Fi!!!??

I recently spilled some water on my ipod touch and it stopped working. So i let it dry out for a day and now it works. The only problem now it that my wifi is disabled. I dont kno why, can someone help me out?

Last edited by VELLE; 04-08-2009 at 02:32 AM.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELLE View Post
I dont kno why, can someone help me out?
Not really, you screwed it up. Unless you want to take it apart there is nothing you can do.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 AM

There is a good chance that your fried the Wi-Fi chip, but there are some things you can try before giving up hope completely...

First, try resetting your iPod touch. Hold down both the SLEEP/WAKE and HOME buttons until you see the Apple logo appear.

If that doesn't restore Wi-Fi, then the next thing you can try is to do a complete "Restore" on your device.... Make sure you have your music backed up somewhere else as this will erase everything on your device and you'll need to reload your content onto it. Connect your iPod touch to your computer, select it in your iTunes Devices list, and hit the "Restore" button. This basically wiped the iPod touch and reloads the latest firmware, returning all settings to factory defaults.

Once the restore completes, you'll be given the option to restore the last backup of your iPod touch. Skip this step for now, as you can always restore this stuff later, and you want to test your Wi-Fi settings in a "clean" configuration. If your Wi-Fi still fails to work after this, and you've confirmed that it's not a problem with the Wi-Fi access point you're using, then sadly you're probably out of luck.

Note that water spillage is not covered under warranty, and the iPod touch has indicators inside so that Apple will be able to tell if you got it wet.

Old 04-08-2009, 01:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

So i guess i will have 2 go to the apple store to get it fix then. Thx for the info guys.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:39 PM

ReyZero

If you read the end of his post you'd notice that Apple has water damage indicators in the iPod, and if that was triggered you lose your warrenty and Apple won't help you.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 PM

Freshman Lounger

^^ i kno ima just pay for it to get fixed
Old 04-11-2009, 02:03 AM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTouch_myself View Post
Not really, you screwed it up. Unless you want to take it apart there is nothing you can do.
yeah thats really all you can do, atleast now you know you should be very careful from now on. lol I almost squashed mine with my knee because I put it right next to me while sitting on the floor.

iPod touch 2G 8GB
Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

my ipod touch now works fine now, i guess all it needed to do was dry out.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:19 AM

Freshman Lounger

Help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by VELLE View Post
my ipod touch now works fine now, i guess all it needed to do was dry out.

Hey - the same thing just happened to me. I spilled water over my iPhone, and I let it sit in a bag of rice to dry for a day, and after, my phone was working fine, however the wifi is greyed out and not working. I really hope that the wifi isn't fried...but...you said that all your ipod touch needed was to dry, but I was wondering, did you let it dry while it was on or off? How long did it take? Thank you!

Topic: iPod touch got wet, and i lost my Wi-Fi!!!??

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.