Albums with same name/ different artists merging into 1

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rybev

Hello there!
I'm sure there's a simple answer to this but how do i stop albums with the same name merging into one?
I have two albums called "Singles" by two different artists and even though i fill in all the info eg. artist, album artist, compilation ect..... they just become one album on my iPod under the name "Singles".
Thanks in advance ;)

snowdog99

I had a similar problem with two different recordings of the same classical piece. The only way I could solve it was to make the album titles different somehow, in my case by using the German version of the title for one, in your case I suggest adding the artist name to the album title.

rybev

Thanks, i have done that until i get the right way to do it (if i do), but too be honest given the amazing technology of the iPod surey it can't be impossible. I presumed just the fact that the artist is different would split the albums up, doesn't the ipod recognize the artists names???

kndoubleu

Do you have your iTunes library "organized"? if you have that option checked in iTunes, as well as "copy music to library folder," you should eliminate the problem. I have several "Greatest Hits" and "Other" album designations for many artists, just to keep things organized, and they never seep into one another.

kndoubleu

Alternatively, you could add a space to the end of one of the "Singles" titles, making one "Singles" and one "Singles "

AdrianW

Just insert the name of the artist at the beginning of the album name - so "Singles" becomes "Band A - Singles" & "Band B - Singles".

Same thing applies with albums with titles like "Greatest Hits" - I just change it to "Band name - Greatest Hits" (or "Greatest Hits of band name")