How do I use my Ipod with my cars AUX? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I use my Ipod with my cars AUX?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

How do I use my Ipod with my cars AUX?

How do I use my Ipod with my cars AUX?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 PM

Veteran Lounger

Assuming the Aux jack in your car is a standard headphone jack get a 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Cable to connect the iPod the the Aux jack. Set the iPod's volume to roughly 75-80% then set the volume on the stereo.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 02-04-2009, 07:37 PM

Another method would be for you to purchase a car accessory (make sure it works with your iPod) that plugs into your car's cigarette/12V adapter and has a line-out on it. That way your iPod is charged while you are using it in your car and you don't have to worry about adjusting your iPod's volume. I have an accessory like this in one of my cars and it provides superior results to just using the iPod's headphone port.

I suggest that you follow Sparkee's suggestion until you find the right car accessory for you.

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom
Old 02-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

You can also buy a charger that plays your ipod through a radio station, but the clarity won't be as good as the AUX cable... still would be charging and that's a plus.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:26 PM

It would be a waste to purchase a charging+FM unit now (those are rather expensive) just to hold them over until they purchase a charging+AUX unit. They would be better off using their iPod's battery until they can save up the ~$25 for the charger+AUX unit. My point is why spend over $50 in the long run when they can just spend half of that now (or in the near future) for the AUX accessory?

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom
Old 02-16-2009, 06:48 PM

Junior Lounger

I think the flaw in your reasoning is assuming that the recommendation was to buy both.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Even then it would be a waste of money. Why? Because I can pickup an auxiliary car charger for about $25 when most FM transmission+charger units are $40 or more. Why spend almost double the money for something that produces terrible quality? So I stand by what I said: it would be a waste of money to purchase an FM transmission unit. This is especially true since the iPod's headphone output port (directly hooked up to an aux input) will sound world's better than ANY FM transmitter (that is not a matter of opinion either, that is a fact).

Just use the iPod's headphone output port until an auxiliary+charger unit can be purchased. It makes no sense to use an FM transmitter when the OP has an auxiliary connection in their car.

Topic: How do I use my Ipod with my cars AUX?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.