Few questions about the ipod touch's durability - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Few questions about the ipod touch's durability

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Freshman Lounger

Few questions about the ipod touch's durability

I just got the griffin elan for my 2nd gen ipod touch...and that thing is TIGHT - as in, it's really hard to get my ipod out of it.

I was wondering, I mean, the ipod touch is so thin and seems really fragile, and I think I applied a fair bit of pressure onto the screen with my thumb when trying to get it out of the case, and I think I kinda chipped the bezel as well, so that kinda sucks

I mean, it's great that the case is so snug, but seriously griffin, don't make it THAT tight

do you guys think everything will be alright?

oh yeah, and on a side note, are uniea's screen protectors re-appliable, because I screwed up an application and accidentally shifted the whole screen protector to the right and have air bubbles, so can I just peel it off and try again?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Senior Lounger

I just purchased a 32g itouch, and the salesperson STRONGLY recommended a case! He even showed me one that broke in half cause a guy sat down with it in his pocket! Why anyone would put those in their pockets is one thing, but yeah those things are pretty fragile. I sure I hope I don't destroy it accidentally.

Shift for Brains!
Old 01-11-2009, 02:20 PM

Junior Lounger

my iPod touch 1st gen is freakin' really strong

it is a solid construction, and i dont know about you, but the bezel on mine is black metal, and it would never chip.

if you have a 2g iPod touch, mabey you are sol, because my 1g is like unbreakable.

also, i had a dlo case with the cord management thing, (you can find it on amazon(dot)com), but it was so annoying that i tried to cut off the cord wrap thing on the back, failed, and threw it away.

an iPod is so much better without a case. though, if you are worried about scratches, invisibleshield makes a skin that dosent scratch. you dont have to worry about the touch's screen scratching since it is treated glass (almost unscratchable), but the back on all iPods scratches like hell.

i just read that you have a 2nd gen. you are sol
Old 01-11-2009, 08:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

well, I mean it still works and everything....why am I SOL?

Topic: Few questions about the ipod touch's durability

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.