Touch is stuck in recovery mode

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

GernerPSU

I got a 1st gen touch, about a month after it was released. Less than a year later I jailbroke it. I didn't really do much with that, but I did. Then this last summer I started having problems where the screen wouldn't respond. Sometimes it would come back a few hours later, sometimes I would just have to restore it with whatever the latest software update was out at the time.

Eventually it got stuck in recovery mode. At this point I tried everything. iBrickr worked for a while, but not for long. I probably should have tried to post this then since I could more accurately detail everything I tried. Among other things, I tried jailbraking it, but found out I needed to update the firmware first. So I got the 2.whatever firmware and used the shift+restore method to select it.

Right now, it is stuck in recovery mode. As soon as I restore, its in recovery mode again. The "genius" at the apple store had no idea what to do. All he did was tell me it wouldn't restore and my warranty had expire a little more than a month ago so he couldn't replace it(which is great since it broke months before that, but I was at school away from any apple store.)

Anyway, thanks for reading that mess. I'm willing to try anything(even stuff I've already done) since I can't live without music walking to class, and I can't afford a new ipod.