What's The Difference Between iPod Touch & 2nd Generation - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: What's The Difference Between iPod Touch & 2nd Generation

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-01-2009, 12:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

What's The Difference Between iPod Touch & 2nd Generation

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a 32 gb iPod Touch (2nd Generation). Mainly because I'm running out of space with my 16 gb. Also when I'm listening to music, when I scroll through the cover flow it crashes and goes to the home menu. So I'm basically getting another ipod. I just would like to know what's the difference between the two (if any)
Old 01-01-2009, 07:49 PM

iPod, therefore I am

We've discussed this on the forum a million times. Ever heard of searching before you ask a question?

But anyways, I'll be nice and help. Physically, the 2nd-generation Touches are thinner, have a curved back, and they have side volume controls. The wi-fi antenna has also been redesigned from the corner to a small oval on the back. Software, the new Touches come pre-installed with Software 2.1 and Genius Playlists. 2nd-generation iPod Touches also have a longer battery life and integrated Nike+ support.

-CM

Click the image to open in full size.

MacBook Air 13.3" (Mid 2011) 1.7Ghz/4GB/128GB SSD, 6G 16GB iPod Nano, 32GB 3G+Wifi iPad 2, 32GB iPhone 4.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Senior Lounger

Volume controls on side.
Internal speaker (great for games).
Slimmer.
Faster CPU.
Impoved home button (apparently).

Topic: What's The Difference Between iPod Touch & 2nd Generation

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.