Wi-FI Problem - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Wi-FI Problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-26-2008, 08:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

Wi-FI Problem

My Ipod will not connect to the wi-fi that my Imac is picking up from wherever, I believe next door. Is the Touch antenna just not as strong as the Imac or is there another problem? Thanks.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

Have you upgraded to firmware 2.2 yet? That seem to have solved the wi-fi problem on the 2g iTouch.

Hope this helps,

Chris
Old 12-26-2008, 08:34 PM

Veteran Lounger

The wifi radio/antenna is not as strong or sensitive on the touch as it is on a computer. Sometimes you may be able to connect to a network receiving a reasonably good signal, however the touch may not be able to transmit the signal back.

Consider setting up your own network, you can get a router fairly cheap now. It can be considered or is illegal to use someones network with out their consent.

64GB iPad 3, 64GB iPhone 5s, 1G 16GB touch, 4G & 6G Silver 16GB nano, 5G 60GB iPod, 1G AppleTV, 2G ATV, Late 2013 27" iMac
Old 12-26-2008, 08:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

Nevermind, I misread OP and can't seem to delete my post.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:42 AM

Freshman Lounger

WiFi Problems

I recently bought a new 16gig touch with v2.2 already installed on it. However like many other users it won't connect using WiFi.

Perhaps the following may be of help to others with this problem as this is what cured mine.

The wireless router settings are usually the main problem.
If your touch is seeing the router and when you enter the passkey it still won't work try the following.

Access your router in the usual way.
Then in the Advanced Wireless Settings make sure that the Access Control is unticked or turned off.

Also make sure the password on the router WPA-PSK is at least eight characters long as this is what the ipod needs.

I hope that i have been of help to some people and i am not being too vague with my descriptions as i am not fully conversant with these things yet.

Topic: Wi-FI Problem

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.