Touch G2 and Video out using JBL Radial - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Touch G2 and Video out using JBL Radial

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

Touch G2 and Video out using JBL Radial

Hi,

I purchased a JBL Radial speaker docking station thinking it would output video through the s video socket on the the back of the speaker using an Ipod Touch. My Ipod Touch G2 was purchased mid December 2008 and the JBL speaker a couple of days ago.

The outlet s video socket on the back of the speaker is recessed by about 1/2 an inch in the body of the speaker. The aperture is very small, in fact too small to connect a standard S video lead into; I found I had to cut the plastic molding around the steel shielding of the plug end on the lead in order for the lead to fit into this recessed s video aperture.

Having sacrificed a lead in this way I was extremely disappointed to find I still cannot get video out from my Ipod touch through the JBL Radial.
Can anyone else confirm that this is the case as I thought that later models of both the Radial and the Touch were compatible for video out.

If this turns out not to be the case, are there any cheap alternatives recommended I try in order to get Video out from my Touch G2 ?

I'm not going to get rid of the JBL Radial as it really is so impressive in all other respects.

Thanks for reading,

Rick.

Last edited by rbarry; 12-23-2008 at 09:28 PM.

Topic: Touch G2 and Video out using JBL Radial

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.