iTouch 2.0 Firmware Update Question - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iTouch 2.0 Firmware Update Question

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Freshman Lounger

iTouch 2.0 Firmware Update Question

Hi,

I have an iTouch with firmware 1.1.4. It is NOT jailbroken. I need to update to 2.0. I have purchased the 2.0 fireware from itunes, but I can not get it to download.

I live in a rural area, and connect to the internet using a dial-up modem. I have tried several times and after 12 hrs. I get booted off. I think it is my ISP and not Apple.

I have contacted Apple and can not get a resolution.

I have searched online for the firmware update, and have found several sources. I also have a friend who is willing to save their purchased update file to a flash drive. I don't know what else to do. Are there other options?

Can I save the update file to my computer from the flash drive and update that way? If so, would I choose the "Restore" or "Update" button?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 09:21 PM

If you can get the firmware file from someone, that's probably the best method. See this similar thread for instructions on where the firmware resides on your computer:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread...06#post1302506
Old 12-19-2008, 09:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Could someone please supply me with the 2.0 firmware/update file name?

When I use this file, should I hit the restore or update button?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2008, 11:41 PM

Please don't post multiple threads/posts about the same topic as you did here. This breaks forum rules.

Now, to answer your question, there isn't anything a little Google searching won't reveal. Do you want us to provide the file name so you can download the update from the internet or do you want us to actually provide you the file? Either way we can't help you illegally download the iPod touch firmware. You stated that you already purchased it but we don't know if you are telling the truth (sorry, you can't really trust anybody and this is nothing personally against you) and, even after purchasing the firmware, downloading it from other sources would be illegal. Apple is the sole distributor of iPod firmware and anyone else who posts the firmware for download is not authorized.

The only thing that I can suggest is that you conduct a Google search. I found both the firmware name and places to illegally download it from in a matter of 45 seconds.

128GB iPhone 6S Plus (soon) | Apple Watch 2 (not as soon) | AppleTV 2 (2012) | Microsoft Surface 3 128GB | Beats Studio Wireless | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | UE Megaboom

Topic: iTouch 2.0 Firmware Update Question

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.