Getting content for Touch from another Mac - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Getting content for Touch from another Mac

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 12-14-2008, 09:36 AM

Junior Lounger

Getting content for Touch from another Mac

Yesterday I solved a problem that has been plaguing me since I have had the Touch. With all the other iPods, I can set them to manually sync and then plug them into any of my other Macs and drag music or books onto it. My Touch is synced to the iMac. Right after I got the Touch, I had something on the Macbook Pro I wanted to put on the Touch and when I plugged it in, it tried to sync the applications and information stored in them, and since there were no Touch applications on that computer, instead it ended up REMOVING all the applications from the Touch. I did get everything back by syncing again with the iMac but it was a pain and took awhile.

Now I have a lot more applications stored on the Touch as well as the data in them which I don't want to lose, so was afraid to try it again. I had just ripped a book from CDs to the Macbook and then realized that I could not put this on the Touch because the Macbook is not my syncing computer for it. So I decided to search everything in iTunes Preferences on the Macbook to see if I could figure this out. It is in Devices, and all you need to do is to checkmark "Disable automatic syncing for iPhones and iPods." Apparently syncing means different things with regular iPods as opposed to the Touch and the iPhone which both have applications. So after doing that, I plugged in the Touch and was able to drag the book onto it.

Hope this helps someone else with the same dilemma.

Mary

Topic: Getting content for Touch from another Mac

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.