Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Unable to sync applications

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 11-04-2008, 09:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

Unable to sync applications

I have the latest iPod Touch and had downloaded 3 applications to it. All of these applications were working fine until, one day, none of them would work. Each one behaved in the same way - i.e. the first screen of the app would render then just stop. The Touch didn't "freeze" - it just went back to the "home" screen. In other words, it seemed that the appliactions were starting momentarily then crashing. Everything else on the Touch was working fine.

I had previously synced to iTunes many times so I knew there was a backup and this was confirmed in the Applications view within iTunes.

I ran a normal sync but to no avail. So the only thing I could think of doing was a full reset under the control of iTunes.

The reset process ran (apparently) normally. All my music and videos went back on to the Touch but not the applications!!! I can still "see" them in the iTunes Applications folder and the sync settings indicate that all Applications should be synchronized.

I have tried selective syncing of the applications but I'm getting nowhere.

Any ideas?

Hardware/Software:-

iPod Touch 16Gb with software version 2.1.1
iTunes 8.0.1 (11)
MACBook Pro OS X 10.5.5

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Topic: Unable to sync applications

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.