Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod touch apps..not working

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-29-2008, 07:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

iPod touch apps..not working

Today suddenly my apps stopped working. When i would press them it would come up for a few secs and then go back to the home page. So i deleted all my apps on my ipod and figured i can dl again from my itunes. When i tried syncing the apps i got the msg: Some apps(all of them) were not synced because this computer is not authorized blah blah. I can Sync my songs/photos/vids fine. Can anyone help?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

NVM i got it to sync my apps. But anyone know why my apps were not working in the first place?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

i all of a sudden am having this same issue. none of my apps are working. i was able to sync them in itunes but they still don't work. i already tried resetting the ipod also. any suggestions
Old 10-01-2008, 04:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

I am also having the same problem, I bought 8 apps last night using the App store icon on my ipod touch, all downloaded successfully. Today I try and use them, NONE of them work, they all just bring me back to the main menu after a couple seconds. I did try to reset the ipod.

Helppizty, how did you get it to work?

He probably won't come back to the thread, he should have noted what he did to get it to work..
Old 10-03-2008, 05:11 PM

Junior Lounger

Im having the same problem. when I connected my touch to itunes, a message came up asking about sending some info to apple. I clicked on advanced or more info (dont remember exactly what it said) and it showed that the apps that I had tried to open were crashing. I had an update notice for the star wars lightsaber app, after the update all apps work fine.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:50 AM

Freshman Lounger

I too have been having problems with my iTouch aborting to the home screen after a few seconds when I try to run any app that I've installed from the app store.

I have found that by installing another app from the app store it let's all my other apps run again. This behaviour is consistent. Looks like a bug to me. I use the free eBay app to unlock my apps when this occurs because it is tiny and installs in a few seconds. I find this problem very annoying because if I am not in a free wifi zone when it happens I am unable to use this trick to get my apps working again. Anyone know if Apple are aware of this problem?
Old 10-06-2008, 08:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

Are any of you running a Jail Broken version?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

My iTouch is running the latest 2.1.1 firmware. It is brand new and not modified or jail broken in any way. A bit of a search on YouTube reveals others with the same problem and also a seeming solution. Something to do with setting the permissions on the applications files. Lots of videos on it on YouTube. Just search "appstore apps crash". Off to try this now.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:31 AM

Junior Lounger

this happened to me and when I d/l'ed another app (free one ) they all started to work again don't know if it will help but it's what worked for me
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 AM

Freshman Lounger

Bah! Just looked into what is involved in changing the permissions on the files to prevent the apps crashing. Looks like you have to install a BSD shell and then login to the iTouch with a remote terminal package to get at the files and change them that way. No simple way to fix it without resorting to hacking. Unimpressed. Come on Apple! This is a crippler to the average consumer gadget user.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:22 PM

Freshman Lounger

Having the same problem too. New 32gb ipod touch bought just over a week ago.

Same deal... uninstall and reinstall one of the apps and it works, for a while then reverts to crashing back to home screen without successfully opening any apps.

Anyone found a fix for this?

I'm going to get rid of the lightsaber app and see if it helps. SOunds like that might be a dodgy one.

I went back to the Apple store that I bought this in ( for 289 gbp ! ) and they told me that they couldn't do anything about it if it was 3rd party Apps that are crashing. Not very impressed with that attitude. They're selling the thing by saying that one of it's strengths is the ability to load up Apps, and then they turn their back and refuse to support something it's meant to be able to do! Bad Apple!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM

Freshman Lounger

So, I removed the light saber app and it worked for a couple of days and I thought that was it. Suddenly started crashing again though. So still a problem.

Anyone got any fixes for this or any more info yet?
Old 10-26-2008, 06:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

This is CRAZY

I experienced same problems today. Apps on my brand new iPod Touch worked this morning, but after Sync, nothing that was downloaded worked. I read all related internet postings, and the best solution seemed to be downloading another app. I picked a free one (of course), and lo-and-behold, everything worked again. This is the craziest thing I have ever experienced. This is obviously an Apple software glitch, and by reading postings on this problem, it has been around for a while. Apple is making a lot of money; surely they can fix this problem and not make me do some stupid work-around to get my apps to work. C'mon!
Old 12-25-2009, 03:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

Ipod application problem

Hello,
i seem to be having the same problem with downloading the applications off itunes. they begin to load up but then throw me back on the home screen once i have sync'd them onto the ipod. i havent tried music or video's yet but this problem seems to be affecting quite a few people. is there anyone that knows what is wrong with the ipods and are apple aware of this fault?

thanx
Old 12-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Freshman Lounger

Same for me brand new iTouch 8gig and the first app I bought crashed right away. I synced it, reset it, cleAred everything off, and did all of the other thing recomended and they stil don't work.

Because i'm going to forget I posted this PLEASE eMail me at... Whiskers01@gmail.com

Topic: iPod touch apps..not working

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.