Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Copy Pictures from Ipod Touch to PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 07-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

Copy Pictures from Ipod Touch to PC

How do I do this? The plan was to sync pictures onto my Ipod Touch and copy them onto my work computer. I have itunes on this computer, but can't find a way to get the pictures onto my work computer.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Reclined Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpball
How do I do this? The plan was to sync pictures onto my Ipod Touch and copy them onto my work computer. I have itunes on this computer, but can't find a way to get the pictures onto my work computer.

If you are using the firmware 2.0 software this is a snap. Go into My Computer (or just plain "computer" in Vista) and you will see your Touch listed as a digital camera. Double click on it then you'll see an icon that says "internal storage". Double click on that then you'll see "DCIM". Double click on that then you'll see more folders.. These contain pictures you saved on your Touch.

Sorry I didn't fully read your question. On any firmware you just go into iTunes with the Touch attached. Select the photo's tab. This should be pretty straight forward from there.

Last edited by Phoenixfury; 07-29-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:55 PM

Unfortunately, this won't show pictures you've synced onto your iPod touch from iTunes itself -- only those pictures that you've saved from other apps on the iPod touch (ie, from web pages, e-mail messages, screen shots, etc).

To get the synced photos off, you'll need to use a third-party tool. A couple of good options are TouchCopy (http://www.wideanglesoftware.com) and iPod Access Photo (http://www.findleydesigns.com).

Note, however, that iTunes resizes synced photos when you transfer them to your device, so you will not be getting your full-resolution photos back no matter which application you use, since they're not there in the first place.

You can find more information in our iPod 201 article, Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer. Page 4 covers copying iPod photos back.

Topic: Copy Pictures from Ipod Touch to PC

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.