iPod touch fell in pool, help?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nikkixo15

About an hour ago, I managed to fall in my pool holding my ipod, a very stupid move on my part. I can see there is a little bit of water in the screen. This just stopped, but my ipod was flashing the apple logo for about 20 minutes on and off. I now have a fan running in front of where the ipod plugs into the usb chord in hopes of drying out some of the access water. Can anyone please give me other suggestions on how to get my ipod working? I'm assuming apple won't cover this in the limited year warranty, and even if i did send it back it's jailbroken, so I'm not sure how that will affect what apple would do with my ipod. If anyone has any advice to offer me at all it would be much appreciated!

Shrimpy

Whatever you do, DO NOT try to turn it on, don't touch any buttons. This is gonna sound stupid, but let it sit in a bowl or uncooked rice for a day or so, because the rice will wick out any moisture. After it's dry then try to turn it on.

DerekVOF

I've also read that dunking in rubbing alcohol (!) is helpful as it clears the water out, but you still need to wait for it to dry completely before starting it again. Definitely unhook it from your computer unless you want it fried and literally do NOT turn it on for several days...

j5tar

Website
www.YourFreeiPhone.com
Just let it dry and hope for the best. I threw my nano in the washing machine a few months ago. It still turns on but it dies after 10 seconds.

ricksakti

Game Over dude... the lcd and the logic board is broken if u alredi turn it on and the apple was appeared... You may repair it for 100US each part... Get new one...

nikkixo15

thanks for the help guys. i left it in a cup of rice and i just tried turning it on and it works pretty well. the screen is kinda cloudy and the wifi doesnt work anymore, but at least it still plays music and videos and the touch screen is ok

Zimmy

nikkixo15 said:
About an hour ago, I managed to fall in my pool holding my ipod, a very stupid move on my part. I can see there is a little bit of water in the screen. This just stopped, but my ipod was flashing the apple logo for about 20 minutes on and off. I now have a fan running in front of where the ipod plugs into the usb chord in hopes of drying out some of the access water. Can anyone please give me other suggestions on how to get my ipod working? I'm assuming apple won't cover this in the limited year warranty, and even if i did send it back it's jailbroken, so I'm not sure how that will affect what apple would do with my ipod. If anyone has any advice to offer me at all it would be much appreciated!
I'll get my pool net.

Shrimpy

nikkixo15 said:
thanks for the help guys. i left it in a cup of rice and i just tried turning it on and it works pretty well. the screen is kinda cloudy and the wifi doesnt work anymore, but at least it still plays music and videos and the touch screen is ok
The cloudiness could probably be remedied, cause it sounds like its water trapped under the glass on the screen. Maybe let it dry out some more, and that should at least solve the screen.

chrisroberts21

Ipod Touch and Water do not mix.... Official !

Thanks for the advice !

Maybe you should write to apple and let them know !

On a more serious point..... here in the UK this kind of accident is covered on the majority of Household Insurance policies as accidental damage to personal effects. If you have a household policy then try your insurer.

sgb1975

Homeowners insurance *might* cover it, but any claim they pay out will first be subject to your deductible, which in most cases is at least $500 (plus a possible premium increase if you've got a crappy insurance policy), so it still wouldn't be worth it. Sorry, but I think you're hosed (no pun intended).