Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Application stuck "loading"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 07-13-2008, 01:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

Application stuck "loading"

I have an application on my Touch that is stuck in "loading" status. I can press and hold that app until all the icons shake, but there is no "x" to press to delete it, and itunes doesn't list that app, so I can't delete it from there.

What can I do? I guess this isn't really interfering with the ipod's operation, but it is annoying and I did want to load that app, which is "currency." This is not a jailbroken ipod, but I did install the 2.0 update.

thanks

jb

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 AM

Freshman Lounger

One Solution

I had the same issue. To resolve it, I just re-downloaded the same app. Then you can remove it if you want once it is fully downloaded.

Hopefully someone knows how do get rid of this without re-downloading the app... because if you forget which app it was, there is no way to tell.

gtim19
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM

Freshman Lounger

That worked

Thanks. I downloaded the app again and it works now. I still have strange things going on, like itunes asking which library to load. I lost all of my videos when I installed the software update (restore failed) but I had copies of all of them.

jb
Old 08-09-2008, 05:20 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thanks gtim19, i needed that.

May I add also, that it's essential that you download the application from/to your iphone/ipod touch for the "stuck" icon to be overwritten. I first tried download to my computer, but that didn't overwrite the program on my ipod touch - even if I first removed it from my iPod (by unchecking the app in iTunes manual application management) and the icon would still appear on my ipod.

So this is the way to do it.

1. Remove the app from your iPhone/iPod Touch by unclicking it in iTunes App management (non automatic synch mode) and click synchronize (the icon may still apear at your iPhone/iPod, but that's alright)

2. Go to the App Store on your iPhone/iPod and search for the application, and download it (if its a paid app, don't worry, as long as you login on the same account that you used to buy it, you will be informed that you already has paid, and asked if you really want to download it again, and you want to

3. The "stuck" icon updates and shows that the app is being installed, and as soon it's done, your problem should be solved.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yze91 View Post
Thanks gtim19, i needed that.

May I add also, that it's essential that you download the application from/to your iphone/ipod touch for the "stuck" icon to be overwritten. I first tried download to my computer, but that didn't overwrite the program on my ipod touch - even if I first removed it from my iPod (by unchecking the app in iTunes manual application management) and the icon would still appear on my ipod.

So this is the way to do it.

1. Remove the app from your iPhone/iPod Touch by unclicking it in iTunes App management (non automatic synch mode) and click synchronize (the icon may still apear at your iPhone/iPod, but that's alright)

2. Go to the App Store on your iPhone/iPod and search for the application, and download it (if its a paid app, don't worry, as long as you login on the same account that you used to buy it, you will be informed that you already has paid, and asked if you really want to download it again, and you want to

3. The "stuck" icon updates and shows that the app is being installed, and as soon it's done, your problem should be solved.
Hey dude
thanks allot that helped
(by the way i was downloading touchgrind new update)
Old 11-28-2009, 01:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

This REALLY sucks for me because after that happened I got distracted and when I came back to my phone I had forgotten which app I tried to download

I really would like to get this dead app image off my iphone
Old 07-16-2010, 12:52 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeliever08 View Post
I have an application on my Touch that is stuck in "loading" status. I can press and hold that app until all the icons shake, but there is no "x" to press to delete it, and itunes doesn't list that app, so I can't delete it from there.

What can I do? I guess this isn't really interfering with the ipod's operation, but it is annoying and I did want to load that app, which is "currency." This is not a jailbroken ipod, but I did install the 2.0 update.

thanks

jb
That happened to me, and I tried everything. I thought a new sync would solve the problem, but I ended up with two icons of the app, and neither worked. Apparently a download was being held in iTunes, that's where the 2nd icon came from. After trying everything that I could think of, it occurred to me to uncheck that app after sync opens, which removed the app from the screen. When that was done, I checked the app, and hit apply. That solved the problem. The extra icon was gone, and the app worked once more.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

paid app stuck on "loading..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtim19 View Post
I had the same issue. To resolve it, I just re-downloaded the same app. Then you can remove it if you want once it is fully downloaded.

Hopefully someone knows how do get rid of this without re-downloading the app... because if you forget which app it was, there is no way to tell.

gtim19
so i read this and went to re-download the app i bought but in the app store it says it's already installed so it won't let me download it again. any ideas?
Old 09-16-2010, 11:16 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis View Post
so i read this and went to re-download the app i bought but in the app store it says it's already installed so it won't let me download it again. any ideas?
i had the same problem.. i just got resolved.. THANKS ALLAH..
and thanks every one who helped me...
see...

1. connect your device with itunes
2. find the selected app from itune appstore.. and download that.. i think it will be downloaded automatically once you'll connect your device with itunes
3. let that download
4. eject your device
5. make a forced reboot to your ipod/phone.. by pressing and holding the small button on the top side of screen and the bigger button in front of the screen at bottom side... togather.. and keep them pressed even a screen comes (slide to restart) dont' release button... keep pressed.... your devices will flash and will shutdown...

now press the both buttons again... and start you device.. apple will appear.. ... let the device boot properly.... now its ready..

6.connect your device again with itunes.... update applications...
7.. now this would work.. IA

Best of luck man.. enjoy
Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 AM

Freshman Lounger

i had this problem on my iphone and i stumbled across a solution which i think may be the easiest. go to settings > general > international > language. switch to another language (before you do this, make sure you know how to get to this point in another language!). doing this will cause your iphone to take a moment to switch, after which your stuck app/s will be loaded and installed and ready to go. then go ahead and switch it back to english
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM

Freshman Lounger

PO with Apple

Same has happened to me. I am traveling with iPad and no computer. One of the advantages to an iPad ......or so I thought. I got a prompt to update all my apps which I did and they are all stuck on waiting.....what the h---- the advice I have been given requires my computer to resolve the issue. Now I am stuck on the road with no functioning apps. Get your act together Apple.
Cathy
Old 02-04-2011, 08:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

Worked great for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacejunk View Post
i had this problem on my iphone and i stumbled across a solution which i think may be the easiest. go to settings > general > international > language. switch to another language (before you do this, make sure you know how to get to this point in another language!). doing this will cause your iphone to take a moment to switch, after which your stuck app/s will be loaded and installed and ready to go. then go ahead and switch it back to english
This worked great for me-- and I just switched it to British English and back to English which made it easy. Worked like a charm.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up

Quote:
This worked perfectly for me and without need to connect to the computer. Just switched to "British English" and after the phone soft reset itself all the apps unstuck and started installing. Then I switched back to the default "English".

Thanks
Old 05-08-2011, 11:26 AM

Freshman Lounger

Worked!

Quote:
This was the answer I had been searching for for weeks! Thank you!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

I tried EVERYTHING to resolve this same problem on my new iPad2 and finally took it back into the Apple store wherein the tech genius switched my iPad over to the in-store WiFi and it magically completed the download. I am assuming my issue started with trying to download NUMBERS using my 3G service instead of finding a good WiFi signal or initiating the download via iTunes. But still... I would have thought it could have blocked the download instead of leaving you stuck-- I could not over write it with an iTunes download either. There needs to be a better or more direct way to manage your apps library.

Topic: Application stuck "loading"

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.