Jailbreaking 1.1.4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Molarmite

I did a search but most of the topics are from a couple months ago. Is it ok to jailbreak with your 1.1.4? If so, anyone got a good tutorial that won't ruin my Touch.

kornchild2002

I jailbroke my 1.1.4 iPod touch not too long ago but then put it back to the default firmware as I plan on purchasing the new 2.0 OS/firmware when it comes out in 3 days. There are two applications that will Jailbreak a 1.1.4 iPod touch: ZiPhone (make sure you use 3.0 or higher) and some other app. I can't think of the other apps name right at the moment and tried searching but nothing came up but ZiPhone.

Molarmite

I got the ZiPhone but I may have screwed it up somehow. My screen has BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 written on every line on the screen and keeps generating new lines that say the same thing. I tried pressing the on and home button, it restarted it but brought it back to this screen. It's been on this screen for over 5 minutes now.

ricksakti

You need to restore it first, than use the ziphone.... it did happen to me before.

kornchild2002

My problem is that ZiPhone always did what you described so I had to use the other software that was recommended. I just can't remember the name of it and I uninstalled it from my computer so I just can't find the name of it.

Wait a second, the name of the software is called iLiberty+ and it was version 1.2.0.65. That is the only Jailbreak software that has been able to Jailbreak my iPod touch. I tried using ZiPhone a countless number of times and I tried every which method with it, I could not get it to work. As for the constant text coming up, you can stop that. Plug your iPod into your computer with iTunes open. Press and hold the home button (the button on the front of the iPod) on the iPod touch for a long time. You should see the Apple logo come up, keep holding in the button. Keep the home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo, then let it go. Restore your iPod touch using iTunes and then download and install iLiberty+. Follow its on-screen instructions for Jailbreaking your iPod touch. Make sure that you have it install the wi-fi installer to make life easier.