Anyone have experience with apple warranty?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Touchingisgood

iPod Toucher
my iPod has a dead pixel in it... What happens if I take it in after they have released a new ipod touch? Will I get the newer gen or will they get me an old refurb from some warehouse of the old gen?

Wilder_K_Wight

Old-School Lounger
You'll get a refurb or they'll replace your screen, most likely.

One pixel might not even be enough. It depends on the location of the pixel, I think. If it's in the center, then you might get a warranty exchange or repair. If it's on the edges, then they might deem it not worthy of warranty repair.

Apple knows people do this sort of thing, and they won't make it easy for you to swap out your defective item for the newest model. You bought THIS model, and this is what you'll get back.

imitchellg5

Website
randomcommonwealth.blogspot.com
You'll get the exact same model. Apple doesn't do any hardware warranty repairs at all on the touch so you'd get a new iPod. They should replace it though since a dead pixel is a manufacturing defect. They replaced mine but it was in a really obvious spot (right in the middle of my iCal icon)

dude, dont know what they will do for you...

but...

every time i "upgraded" my touch via itunes it ALWAYS erased my entire music library. i took it to the apple store and told them my problem,

they didnt even test it, they just gave me a new one in a box. i seriously could of kept my car running