Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Give me a reason to fall in love! (with my iPod touch)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-29-2008, 03:03 PM

Junior Lounger

Give me a reason to fall in love! (with my iPod touch)

Can anyone give me any serious reasons for using my iTouch as a music or video player instead of my SanDisk Sansa e280? been trying to convert over, for 3 months, but it's proving difficult:

I have really tried to like this iTouch, and the email and weather and Safari parts are really nice, when they work; but I rarely have use for that: mostly playing music, watching videos or photos, or listening to the radio.

My SanDisk player cost fifty bucks and does a whole lot more for me than the iTouch; not only does it play FM radio but also records radio whenever I want to save a song or a program for replay later. memory is upgradeable from the 8 Gig, just by adding a memory card.
it's easy to load songs & photos & videos, unlike the convoluted iTunes; it's half the size of the iTouch and very easy to operate the controls while it's in my pants pocket, without taking it out.

Seriously, I want to like my iTouch, now that I have it, but i just can't seem to get past second base with it, much less fall in love with it.
I bought it because American Idol songs were only available on iTunes so apparently I must own an iPod of some sort in order to buy & play back A.I. material. but now someone tells me that this is not so; still got to explore that further ..........

Any inspiration would be greatly appreciated.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:24 PM

Pro Lounger

You can burn the songs to a cd and rerip them and then you don't have to use on an iPod, you can use on something else.

And as for the iTouch... you may not like it now. Wait till it becomes a games console, a computer, a PDA, an everything in one.

That happens in around a month
Old 05-29-2008, 03:57 PM

The power that be.

Bigmut I think the itouch just might not be for you. The features you never use are the selling points of the itouch an you don't really have any use for these.

To be honest you've kinda got me sold on this sansa player. I have an iPhone but I can't bring myself to strap it to my arm for working out. I need a smaller mp3 player.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:04 PM

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal

I say sell it and be rid of it, I mean if you dont like it get rid of it, simple, eBay was made for this situation. Say goodbye to it and be done with it, i kind of feel bad you cant enjoy such a groovy ### device.....

8gb iPhone 2G(retired to my closet) 16GB Touch 1G(still get use at the gym) 16GB iPhone 3G (with me everyday)
Old 05-30-2008, 10:41 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4G
You can burn the songs to a cd and rerip them and then you don't have to use on an iPod, you can use on something else.

And as for the iTouch... you may not like it now. Wait till it becomes a games console, a computer, a PDA, an everything in one.

That happens in around a month
Will it be a new Touch or apps that can be added?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:01 AM

Pro Lounger

When the app store upgrade is realeased, you will be able to install apps on you Touch.

iPod Touch 8GB 1G
Black iPod Shuffle 3G
Old 05-30-2008, 12:15 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT4097
When the app store upgrade is realeased, you will be able to install apps on you Touch.

Everyone is talking like you cant add apps now.

I am running a snes emulator as well as a GBA one at the moment with about 50 games sucking up space.

Jailbreak now and if you want to fork over money to Apple add the app store later.

Not to mention the new controller addon for the ipod touch (psp anyone)

http://www.icontrolpad.com/

If you are waiting for the app store your behind the times.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:03 AM

Registered iLounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmutt
Can anyone give me any serious reasons for using my iTouch as a music or video player instead of my SanDisk Sansa e280? been trying to convert over, for 3 months, but it's proving difficult:

I have really tried to like this iTouch, and the email and weather and Safari parts are really nice, when they work; but I rarely have use for that: mostly playing music, watching videos or photos, or listening to the radio.

My SanDisk player cost fifty bucks and does a whole lot more for me than the iTouch; not only does it play FM radio but also records radio whenever I want to save a song or a program for replay later. memory is upgradeable from the 8 Gig, just by adding a memory card.
it's easy to load songs & photos & videos, unlike the convoluted iTunes; it's half the size of the iTouch and very easy to operate the controls while it's in my pants pocket, without taking it out.

Seriously, I want to like my iTouch, now that I have it, but i just can't seem to get past second base with it, much less fall in love with it.
I bought it because American Idol songs were only available on iTunes so apparently I must own an iPod of some sort in order to buy & play back A.I. material. but now someone tells me that this is not so; still got to explore that further ..........

Any inspiration would be greatly appreciated.
I owned a Sandisk Sansa e280 before I bought my current iPod touch. At first I really liked my sandisk especially the really low cost. Over time I started to have many problems with it. Kept on crashing all the time. I was able to get it to work after removing the battery after the first few crashes. After a while removing the battery wouldnt help and then called sandisk tech support. All they could do was send me a file for me to install another firmware no it. Long story short the sandisk was good for the money. But you cant compare it to the iPod touch. Their like apples and oranges no pun intended. The touch is so much better yes it does cost more but you get what you pay for. The touch is so much more versatile and useful. The touch is much much easier to use with the touch screen. I found the dinky click wheel on the sandisk a piece of garbage. The touch has so much more possibilities and a great apple name to back it up. Sandisk should stick to just making memory.

iPad 2 64GB Wifi / Switch Easy Cover Buddy / Black Smart Cover / iRest Lap Stand
Old 05-31-2008, 01:55 AM

Pro Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcriz
Everyone is talking like you cant add apps now.

I am running a snes emulator as well as a GBA one at the moment with about 50 games sucking up space.

Jailbreak now and if you want to fork over money to Apple add the app store later.

Not to mention the new controller addon for the ipod touch (psp anyone)

http://www.icontrolpad.com/

If you are waiting for the app store your behind the times.
Yes, and if you don't you are mucking with your warranty, and trading off for a lot of crappy apps.

Most apps available on jailbreak aren't that good.

I'm talking high quality gaming.

Lets just state this: if you developed without the SDK, you were doing so in the dark, and not until now would most SDK apps come out on jailbreak.

Last edited by PG4G; 05-31-2008 at 01:59 AM.

Topic: Give me a reason to fall in love! (with my iPod touch)

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.