why do I keep losing my wifi connection on my touch?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rachelfran

sometimes while sitting in one spot, all of a sudden, my wifi connection is dropped. I dont know until the email ive written isn't sent or the Internet page I want won't open. It appears to be random and with no explanation.... It happens at home when I'm on my own wifi connection.

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to stop it?

Rachel

Fattyfatso29

Banned
if you are using a router, it is probably that. My router for some reason always freezes the internet up and then I have to reset it. If you are using a labtop, you might want to try recreating your network or something.

cessna1466u

I have had the same issue alot lately, when using the internet on my touch to download applications or youtube, it has thrown my whole router down. Is your ipod jailbroken, if so with which program?

ox4dboy

Having the same issue. So far, I've seen that it could be a NAT setting on the router - setting your NAT to Open is supposed to fix it.

As a quick (yet annoying) fix, I've found that going to my iPod's settings and turning WiFi Off and then back on, and then reselect my connection woks...for a random amount of time, and then I have to repeat once I lose my connection again.

ketxorange

it should be the problem from your router. setting up the PPPoE for the router to keep the connection alive should fix the problem.

i never have this problem before my belkin router was broken. sigh.