Jailbreak Question

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gdbagley

Hi all,

I've been browsing these forums for a while and have decided to attempt to jailbreak my ipod touch.
I've got a question that I can't find the answer to:
I've purchased quite a lot of songs via the wifi store directly to my iPod. If i restore my ipod will i lose all these songs and the purchased playlists?

Thanks for your help in advance...

cessna1466u

You should sync your ipod with itunes before you jailbreak, that way the purchases will transfer from your ipod to your itunes. If you use a good product like iliberty then you shouldnt have to restore after the isntall.

gdbagley

cessna1466u said:
You should sync your ipod with itunes before you jailbreak, that way the purchases will transfer from your ipod to your itunes. If you use a good product like iliberty then you shouldnt have to restore after the isntall.
Thanks for all your replies so far :) I'm seriously going to go ahead and do this. Would you recommend a restore before jailbreaking? Or can I install without restoring?

cessna1466u

You can Jailbreak without restoring. If I could recommend a program you should use the iliberty program. to jailbreak. Very simple and straight forward. Any questions, just ask.

gdbagley

cessna1466u said:
You can Jailbreak without restoring. If I could recommend a program you should use the iliberty program. to jailbreak. Very simple and straight forward. Any questions, just ask.
So I've just jailbroken my iPod using iLiberty, but there's no installer icon on my ipod....any ideas?

cessna1466u

You have to add the installer program using iliberty. Click on the advanced tab on top, then the local tab on the bottom and scroll down until you find the installer program called Installer. Put a check by it and it will add to your selected, then plug your ipod in and select "Go for it" on the bottom right and follow the instructions. Hope this helps.