iTunes in two computers?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

xultz

Hello guys.

That´s my first post, and please sorry for my english level (I´m brazilian).

I just bought an iPod Touch 8G. It´s my first Apple product and I´m very confused with iTunes and disapointed as well. I allways heard that Apple products means to be simple to use, but after reading some (really nice and well written) tutorials from iLounge, I still have a lot of doubts.

My first is that: I use two computers, one at my home and one at my work. I would like to know if it is possible to have exactly the same musics from the iTunes at home and at work, in any way. Any way to sync them, so, if I add musics in one (and sync them on the iPod) I could sync on the other. I made myself clear?

Thanx in advance for any reply

Best regards
Xtian Xultz

Astro_Digital

Not as far I know.

Maybe if you manually manage music but I do not even know if you can manually manage music and if you can I am sure it would work.

It has to do with DRM.

S2_Mac

Itunes isn't designed to sync between computers. (It has nothing to do with DRM. Syncing between computers would just create too many service problems for Apple -- people would sync in the wrong direction, lose all their music on both machines, and blame Apple ;-)

Yes, you can certainly have two machines with the same iTunes, but you would have to do this by hand: Get one machine set up the way you want, and then copy its complete "iTunes" folder over to the other machine. But you'd have to do this every time a change was made on one machine...

Or, you could sync the iPod to Computer One, and then use third-party software to copy the iPod to Computer Two. See this iLounge article for software that copies from iPod to computer.

xultz

Thank you so much, S2, I will try the first option, with a pen drive, I think its enough for me. I was in doubt about if the iPod is more "attached" to a single iTunes in a single computer, but if I copy the entire iTunes folder its enough, I will try it. Thank you again!

PG4G

Unfortunately, however, you can't sync with either computer without rewiping the iPod. For example, if you sync with the business one, and then resync with the home one, it will wipe it upon resync, and then re-add all the files back on, and with the Touch's load times, it will go slow!

DerekVOF

Actually, I believe you can setup your iPod on both computers to be managed manually which will not require a complete resync.