Ipod Touch Finally Realized

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ortizm74

Hello everyone... Had a few quick questions: But first the lead up. I am currently stationed in Iraq in the U.S. Army and had a 5.5G Video that took a crap on me a week after the warranty expired. That rant is for another post... lol So anyway, right after that, and given my limited purchasing ability out here (Mail order turned me off because of not being able to return a defective unit) I purchased a Zune 30, then a 4GB 3G Nano, then an 8GB 3G Nano, and finally an 8GB Touch. I was having a slight bit of buyers remorse, mainly because I oculd not utilize one of the more impressive features of the touch: The Wi-Fi internet browsing ability. That has changed since the guy in my living unit just bought a satellite and hooked up Wi-Fi. He let me enter his plan (I give him 15 bucks a month and he gave me the password to his network) and now I can REALLY use my Ipod. Any sense of remorse dissipated last night while I browsed the net. Granted, it won't replace a laptop, which I don't have, but it will do. This new journey has spawned a few questions I was hoping to get some help with:

- I use a buddies laptop to load music, and when I went to iTunes last night to download a song, it prompted me to enter my password for my iTunes account. The only problem was that the account was my buddies because I use his iTunes set-up to add music. Is there any way to change this as the default?

- I have a silicone Speck Armor case on it. Should I remove the case when using Wi-Fi, or can i leave it on? Not sure if the rubber would interefere with the signal.

Thanks a lot for the help... Any other pointers for someone new to this would be appreciated. Take it easy.

BlackWolf

1. sorry, as far as I know there is no way. the mobile itunes store gets its data from the itunes you sync with.
easiest solution would probably be to log into your friends computer with your own itunes account, download the stuff you want and then add it to the ipod ... but I don't really know if it will still work if you change the account back.
maybe you should just pay your friend a couple of bucks and download through his acc or something?

2. I never heard that it would interfere. if you are getting a weak signal constantly you can still try to remove the case, but as long as you get a good signal why bother?

regards

etaf

as blackwolf has posted, as your friend if he will set you up as a user on his laptop - then you have your own itunes library and can sync the touch to that and all the associated benefits, like itunes store etc