Things that irk you about the iPod touch

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

churnopol

Website
www.4pp13.com
Ok I always say the touch is the most perfect gadget I have. But there's still a few things that annoy me

First; apple gave me this nice 32gig harddrive that I can't access through finder??? WTF

The keyboard won't rotate to landscape. I always type in landscape with 2 thumbs its easier and faster

glyoung99

Fast forwarding and rewinding. Oh, and that itty bitty scrub bar. There has to be a better solution.

cowboyshootist

glyoung99 said:
Fast forwarding and rewinding. Oh, and that itty bitty scrub bar. There has to be a better solution.
+1 on that!

If you have fat fingers like me the FF and RW just don't work worth a darn. Jobs must have fingers like a sharpened pencil.

kornchild2002

You can type in landscape mode, you just have to rotate the screen first before opening up the keyboard.

The thing that most annoys me about the iPod touch is that the wi-fi antenna seems fairly limited even for a portable device. I was standing in line at GameStop trying to leech a wi-fi connection from a Hastings store about 3 weeks ago (it was for the Super Smash Bros Brawl midnight release). Well, Hastings has a free 802.11g/b wi-fi connection and I was out of the 50ft range for the 802.11g connection but I was well within the limits of the 802.11b connection. The iPod touch simply refused to connect to the network even though people were connecting to it on their notebooks. I then whipped out my pocket PC and connected just fine.

Parrappa

churnopol said:
Ok I always say the touch is the most perfect gadget I have. But there's still a few things that annoy me

First; apple gave me this nice 32gig harddrive that I can't access through finder??? WTF

The keyboard won't rotate to landscape. I always type in landscape with 2 thumbs its easier and faster
Aren't iPod Touches Flash based, there is no hard drive in them. I could be wrong though.

DerekVOF

kornchild2002 said:
You can type in landscape mode, you just have to rotate the screen first before opening up the keyboard.
Landscape keyboard only works currently in Safari. Doesn't work in Mail, Notes or most other applications. I think there's an IM app that works too...

tombellanca

my biggest gripe is lack of easy/quick volume control.
it needs a little rocker control like the phone has.

rstark18

Absolutely the RR & FF & scrub bar! I came to the Touch from a Nano. On the Nano I could easily ff or rr to a specific spot in a podcast or song extremely easily. It can't be done on the Touch. They should incorporate a virtual scroll wheel instead of that lame scrub bar.

PG4G

Parrappa said:
Aren't iPod Touches Flash based, there is no hard drive in them. I could be wrong though.

Yep, you're right.

People just aren't up on their terminology. They keep saying hard drive as a way of saying "the main memory storage device" in a nice, neat, thoroughly incorrect way.

synch22

Music and browsing at the same time seem to be an. Issue at times. I had a freeze up that tool me 1minute before the thing would reset I thought it was toast for minute. Also with brightness turned all the way down the screen has a slight flicker it goes away when I turn it up.

Ed2020

churnopol said:
First; apple gave me this nice 32gig harddrive that I can't access through finder???
I agree that it would be good to be able to do this by default. There are ways of doing this though. Jailbreaking is one solution (I believe). If you don't want to jailbreak the latest version of ImToo iPod Computer Transfer allows you to access the flash drive in Explorer as well.

Ed.

Stay Alive 305

iPhone 3G Owner
Website
www.myspace.com
Ed2020 said:
I agree that it would be good to be able to do this by default. There are ways of doing this though. Jailbreaking is one solution (I believe). If you don't want to jailbreak the latest version of ImToo iPod Computer Transfer allows you to access the flash drive in Explorer as well.

Ed.
Can you use that just like Open SSH?

Dunkin

Here are just a few of my pet peeves:

No contrast control when playing video
No file information in overly when playing a video
Position in the video list is lost after pressing home button while watching a video
Long labels (track, album, artist) don't scroll
OTG playlist album view - Alpha scroll bar is missing
Can't save OTG playlist

shippensburg

-No backlight timer setting (as with the 5G iPod). I'd like to be able to keep it 'unlocked' but without the backlight rather than having to completely turn the screen off.
-Sarafi doesn't remember my passwords (is that a jailbreaking issue?)
-Lack of a quick 'home screen icon' to turn WiFi on or off. I just keep it on all the time because I can't be bothered to keep digging into the menu system.

DerekVOF

Not to sound like a broken record - there's a tool for jailbroken iPod Touchs called Wifi Toggle which will just toggle Wi-Fi on and off... very simple - no menus to go through...