Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: ipod touch is disabled

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 03-08-2008, 02:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

ipod touch is disabled

why is it that it says that my ipod touch is disabled and to connect it to itunes
but yet when i connect it , it just says i cant connect it because i need to eneter the passcode..
well duh? i cant enter it ebcause its disabled!!
apple probly had a problem witht heir minds when they made this

but is there a easier way to restore it? like completely..
because it says to acces the sources pane in itunes when i simply cant because everytime i hook it up it says i cant access it without the code...

help meehh

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:45 PM

Pro Lounger

Are you on the original computer you started using the touch with? If not, try with that one, it should unlock it.

If not, try puting into recovery mode (turn off, hold home button as you connect it to your computer off, turns on, and keep holding till it shows the iTunes symbol) and then you will need to restore.

But it just sounds like you are not using the first computer you started the touch with...

And Apple did the smart thing when making it (if every version of iTunes could unlock it easily, there wouldb't be much point, would there?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 PM

Freshman Lounger

i have the same problem as maniak727.... when i connect the itouch to the pc (which is not the first one i used) and im downloading the software in order to restore it it says that i need the freaking password (i forgot the password thats why im tryin to restore it) can someone help me to unlock it?????
Old 02-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Freshman Lounger

Can you not contact Apple customer care to have them create a new PW for you?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:23 PM

Pro Lounger

I don't think you can have Apple reset your passcode. They have no way to directly access your iPod. If you forget your passcode, you have to restore in iTunes, a force restore via recovery mode.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:12 AM

Freshman Lounger

Red face hi i need help

i found a ipod touch and handed it in but no one claimed it so the police gave it to me. but the ipod touch is disabled for 21 million minutes i connected to itunes and clicked update and restore so 18 minutes after the update is istalled a error messege pops up saying itunes could not connect to ipod touch because it is locked with a passcode you must enter the passcode to use the ipod touch with itunes but i cant 1 because its disabled 2 because i have no clue what the pass code is 3 i found the ipod touch.

plz help!!!

bubba
Old 11-02-2011, 09:36 PM

Freshman Lounger

i have the same problem and i have probably looked at 50 different websites and all they say is that you have to turn it off and all that then when i do all of that never works cause i have to enter my pass code but i cant

Last edited by itouchman; 11-02-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: extension
Old 11-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Senior Lounger

Just wipe it and then restore from your back up.

8GB Touch. Overclocked Powerbook G4 15". PLUS assorted Mac Pros in the studio. But its about content NOT platform: 360GB library. 34,387 songs. 103 days 6 hrs 15mins 23 seconds.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 PM

Freshman Lounger

I have the same problem, but know my passcode!

My son's friend kept tring to guess his passcode, now it is Disabled. We know the Passcode, but the iPod is disabled and we don't know away to enter the passcode. We can't log on through iTunes, because it says we must enter the passcode on the iPod. There has to be a way to enter the Passcode again.

Topic: ipod touch is disabled

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.