Returned My touch today

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

ougum

I took my two month old Ipod touch back to Costco today. I think the touch is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's just not ready for prime time. Once I found out that flash won't be suppored yet, I knew that it was time to return the Ipod. I got tired of seeing that funky looking f at all the sites that I enjoy the most. Since I think Apple will support flash somewhere down the road, I'll keep an eye on this forum and maybe repurchase the touch after June when the real SDK is released. If Apple never support flash on the touch, guess I'll look for the next best thing. Archos maybe.

BigMac41

can the touch now be updated to support Flash (if they come out with it) or will it also require better hardware, not just software, to be able to?

DerekVOF

No clue - what Apple actually said was the current version of Flash is too much for the hardware, while the Flash Mobile is underpowered garbage...

daihard

I personally don't understand why people insist that mobile devices support Flash instead of demanding that the Web sites stop using heavy and memory-consuming garbage like Flash. I enjoy a lot of mobile- and iPhone-optimized Web sites that make no use of Flash. I don't need Apple to change that.

Prozak

I just recieved my ipod touch yesterday. I drove out to the Apple store to buy the power support screen protector and already had an iskin ready. I'm loving the device, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I expected today to be a big day and I was ready to load up my touch with some apps, but it looks like there will be a fee for the new software just so I can buy apps. It feels like Apple set us up for a dissappointment, so I definately know what you mean. I got my touch from amazon and I'm thinking of taking the $30 dollar hit from losing the screen protector and shipping fees and just wait.

saskwach

Prozak said:
... but I can't help but feel disappointed. I expected today to be a big day and I was ready to load up my touch with some apps, but it looks like there will be a fee for the new software just so I can buy apps. It feels like Apple set us up for a dissappointment, ...
I don't understand why so many are disappointed....because no apps were released or available for you to add to your device TODYA???? It was just the SDK (Software Development Kit) that was being released. No actual software had been developed outside of Apple.

kendals

Website
www.kmacsoftware.com
I'm sorry to hear that you are retuning your iTouch. I see this being the next Newton 2.0 and one of the best PDA's that I have ever owned. Once the 2.0 firmware comes out and the Apps store, then developers are going to provide all of the items that apple didn't. I think that a 2.0 upgrade fee will be well worth it, especially since it provides the MS-Exchange service that I can really take advantage of.

Once the SDK apps start rolling, I think that some people are going to see more value in an iPod touch rather than their RIM device.

DerekVOF

Frankly, I don't think it's a big deal. I don't think there is any product sold on the planet that 100% of the population absolutely love. There are always people who get their nose tweaked over one thing or the other.

Personally, I drive down the street and see people driving these big, ugly SUVs (*cough* Mercedes G-Class *cough*) and wonder why on earth someone would drop good money on such a fugly car. But to them, it's probably their dream car or something. There's always someone out there that loves it and someone that hates it, and someone that says maybe it'll get better...

I guess that's everyones right. If the OP wants to return their iPod Touch, so be it. As for me, you can have my iPod Touch when you pry it from my cold, dead fingers (to paraphrase Power Computing's old ad).

Dhiney

I too am going to return my Touch this weekend. Like the above person, I think it is about the best but not ready for prime time. My beef with it is I have a problem with skipping and there doesn't sem to be a solution and Apple doesn't even acknowledge the problem.

I'll keep watching this forum and when the skipping problem is solved then I'll buy again. $500 is just to much money for a Ipod that works sometimes. I'm dissapointed because I really like most of it.

PG4G

I suspect that that skipping issue has to do with you expecting it to drop to autolockand you just chuck it in your pocket, and it skips, or gets accidentally touched somwhere...

Or at least, I'd say 90% of the complaints like that are of that nature.

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
ougum said:
Children :shake:

Got to be about ten years old.
How does that make me kid? I said okay by then since you had a touch you're getting rid of, so why would you come to the boards here anymore. So thus the okay by then....thanks though a##face, I'm 25 and sit on 175k a year...

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
saskwach said:
You sit on 175k every year? Is it comfortable?
(must be....)
Actually it is very uncomfortable, Los Angeles is a very expesnive area, especially on Wilshire where I live, it isn't fun nor is it comfortable. I wish I can take my Salary to like Tampa FL and live like a Prince.

Mwolverines

Dhiney, have you updated to the latest firmware 1.1.4? Not that my previous version was bad (except maybe safari crashing sometimes), but the new firmware, at least for me, made a vast improvement to the ipod touch (most notably, audio quality sounds smoother and better overall). But regarding your situation, perhaps the update will solve the skipping issue.

1969azcj5

in order to sit on that much money do lower your chair or just take the xtra height. Just curious.

touchy

ougum said:
I took my two month old Ipod touch back to Costco today. I think the touch is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's just not ready for prime time. Once I found out that flash won't be suppored yet, I knew that it was time to return the Ipod. I got tired of seeing that funky looking f at all the sites that I enjoy the most. Since I think Apple will support flash somewhere down the road, I'll keep an eye on this forum and maybe repurchase the touch after June when the real SDK is released. If Apple never support flash on the touch, guess I'll look for the next best thing. Archos maybe.
Your reason are valid, hell any reason is valid! You make your point maturely, and believe me the casual reader of
your post has a lot more respect for your opinion than a dolt who tries to take you to task for it.

Touchmyipod

Livin' & Lovin' in SoCal
Website
www.epk.tv
1969azcj5 said:
in order to sit on that much money do lower your chair or just take the xtra height. Just curious.
Actually, I usually do lay on it, but never sit with a chair. And it is all in 1 dollar bills, you gotta make it rain every now and then. ;)