iTunes store purchases wont play on new Touch?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

coondogg97

I just purchased a used iPod touch. I loaded it up with movies and songs, the media is a mix of rips from cd/dvd's and iTunes downloads. Everything plays on the Touch fine except for the iTunes downloads, both movies and songs. I transfered iTunes purchases from two different computers (both authorized) with no luck. I am able to play the files off of the Touch through iTunes. But when I try to play them on the touch I get "This movie could not be played" And when I try to play a song nothing happens, the song comes up but sits on 0:00 seconds. I have 3 other iPods (Video's and a Classic) and the files work on all of them. Any ideas? I am lost.

Thanks,

Brian

Tsichko92

Same with me, The videos i just bought from iTunes come up with the "Movie could not be played" message, but they play fine on my computer.

coondogg97

Alright, I eauthorized my machine, formatted the PC and reinstalled windows. I reauthorized the PC and tried to copy the the iTunes download back to my Touch. AND STILL the songs and movies are not playing on my iPod. Anyone? Anything?
Im glad im not the only one having this problem.

Thanks again!

coondogg97

studogvetmed said:
What is the software version on the iPod?

I would recommend restoring and re-syncing the iPod
Sorry, I should have mentioned I am running a Jailbroken 1.1.3 firmware with the latest version of iTunes. I may have to go back to 1.1.1 and start all over.. :eek: Its not a big deal, just a PITA!

Thanks though..

Website
www.ilounge.com
Depending upon the jailbreak method you used, this may be a hit-and-miss issue... Some of the v1.1.3 jailbreaks broke the iTunes authorization mechanisms, particularly depending upon how you upgraded.... The direct v1.1.1->v1.1.3 upgrade was the most common cause of this, while going from v1.1.1 to v1.1.2 and then to v1.1.3 seems to work better in this regard.

coondogg97

studogvetmed said:
I was about to scold this poster for calling the OP a moron... Then realized they were the same person....
VetMed - I appreciate you looking out for me, but for this one I deserved to be ridiculed. I am a big advocate of the search button, I don't know what I was thinking.

As for having HOPE on the DRM stuff, I did go from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3. So maybe I will start over and upgrade to 1.1.2 before jumping to 1.1.3. The only thing I really miss that I downloaded from iTunes is Season 3 of The Office. But maybe this will push me to do it right and backup my Season 3 DVD.

Anyway, thanks for the help and im sorry I wasted peoples time with this thread!