WARNING!! dont update to 1.1.4

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rg3n

here's why:

after a few hours of using it the ipod touch will exacly act like 1.1.3 by the random safari crashes AND to make it more worst your wifi signal will disconnect every few minutes!!

at least in 1.1.3 and below that wasn't a problem.

so basically if you want more problems than you are having in your current firmware version then download this and enjoy some added headaches!

what the hell "bug fixes" did you guys fix for the ipod touch!? hehe lol

daihard

rg3n said:
here's why:

after a few hours of using it the ipod touch will exacly act like 1.1.3 by the random safari crashes AND to make it more worst your wifi signal will disconnect every few minutes!!

at least in 1.1.3 and below that wasn't a problem.

so basically if you want more problems than you are having in your current firmware version then download this and enjoy some added headaches!

what the hell "bug fixes" did you guys fix for the ipod touch!? hehe lol
I won't say you're wrong, but you should consider changing your subject line to something more objective. I've been using mine for about an hour, and I haven't experienced any such problems.

archurban

ipod adviser
Website
web.mac.com
don't say it because simply you have problem. most people are happy with new update, including me. I have no issue about wifi, safari yet.

fullback

I used my 1.1.4 for a couple hours just surfing the net using my WiFi @ home and at school and I've experienced no problems with Safari crashing or being disconnected. If you need help, please ask for it, but don't advise others to NOT install 1.1.4. as it contains files that Apple has deemed necessary for iPod Touch users.

dlev11

No problems here either. A couple of hours last night surfing, you Tube, and listening to music works great.

irockanipod

Yeah, I'm having problems getting on my wifi. Intermittent disconnections.. My touch isnt jailbroken.

rg3n

i may have a bit over-exaggerated. I noticed the safari and everything else is more stable.

BUT the one minor issue i found is that if you are connected to a wifi signal that is either too far or weak it wont stay on it for long or try to connect to them again (which it tried to do in 1.1.3)

The good news wher i live i never got a connection with "netgear" but now it connects perfectly. The wifi stays online if your connected to a good wifi signal. And when you are watching streaming videos, the wifi wont cut-off when loading the video (not like on 1.1.3)

Last edited:

daihard

rg3n said:
i may have a bit over-exaggerated. I noticed the safari and everything else is more stable.

BUT the one minor issue i found is that if you are connected to a wifi signal that is either too far or weak it wont stay on it for long or try to connect to them again (which it tried to do in 1.1.3)

The good news wher i live i never got a connection with "netgear" but now it connects perfectly. The wifi stays online if your connected to a good wifi signal. And when you are watching streaming videos, the wifi wont cut-off when loading the video (not like on 1.1.3)
Hey, sounds like you got more than you lost. :D

Duuuarte

I've had it since yesterday and ive had no problem, but then again i havnt really had and problemsnat all since I bought it... Yet

mlacasella

No problems here.
I was on my home WiFi for over 4 hours after the upgrade - not a slingle glitch.

rg3n

to vienta:

i think what apple thought was there would be no piont in the ipod touch trying to connect to a weak signal because it will disconnect in a short time and the touch would have to find it again making the ipod touch consume more battery.

So it's a good and bad thing ..but mostly good hehe