Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How to unlock iTouch?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 02-20-2008, 04:16 PM

Freshman Lounger

How to unlock iTouch?

It has been about a month since I last used my iTouch. I forgot my stupid password and since then I have reformatted. I tried the alloted amount of passwords and none of them worked. I diddnt even have iTunes installed until it locked me out and said "plug into iTunes" so I downloaded it and now it says I am not plugged into the computer it was originally on. Is there a way to get past this?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM

Veteran Lounger

I think (think being the big word) that if you do a full restore, it should reset all your data and at least allow you to use your iPod Touch again. You'll lose everything on it though...

Found on a Firewire cable - If you need to detain a burglar until the authorities arrive, this FireWire cable can render approximately three perpetrators immobile when properly hog-tied.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM

You might also have to enter recovery mode. You do this by plugging the iPod touch into a computer then hold down the power button for about 5 seconds until you see the red slider button to power it off, slide to power off the iPod touch. Then press and hold both the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release the power button but keep holding in the home button. Hold the home button in until you see the iTunes logo on the iPod touch, then let go of it. You can then restore your iPod using any computer but keep in mind that you will lose everything.

To my knowledge, this should work for password protected iPod touch's and it is the only way to unlock your iPod touch without plugging it into the first computer.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 02-20-2008, 06:18 PM

Veteran Lounger

There's an easier way to enter recovery without worrying about the timing - saw this over on iPod Touch Fans.

Make sure your iPod Touch is completely turned off and unconnected from your computer. Hold down the Home button, and connect it to your USB cable. It will automatically turn on when you connect the cable. Just keep holding the Home button until the Connect to iTunes logo appears. That's it...

Found on a Firewire cable - If you need to detain a burglar until the authorities arrive, this FireWire cable can render approximately three perpetrators immobile when properly hog-tied.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:21 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you guys so much. I got it to work Really appreciate it
Old 02-27-2008, 02:11 AM

Freshman Lounger

the same thing happened to me!
i was wondering does recovery mode pretty much mean that everyone goes back to what it was before u did anything with it? like it deleted ur password and everything?
Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 AM

Veteran Lounger

Yup - recovery mode allows you to restore your iPod Touch to factory settings. You lose anything you installed, added or changed - music, settings, wallpapers, passwords, etc.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Now what?

So if i lose all my apps, does it include:
permanant ones like safari and youtube?
or do you keep them? PLEASE im so freaked
Old 07-14-2009, 06:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

please please please please
Old 07-17-2009, 10:08 AM

Freshman Lounger

No, a restore will just leave your Touch exactly like it was when it came out of the box.

Without music, life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 AM

Freshman Lounger

No, when you restore your iPod touch, that means it resets everything back to factory settings, it will be like when you first bought it, you won't lose safari or YouTube or anything like that.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i have tried everything....and while its restoring it stops and says connection has timed out it tells me that everytime!!!! im fed up already
Old 04-09-2010, 10:41 AM

Freshman Lounger

Red face Is it possible to unlock iTouch?

After my warranty have expired a month the iTouch will not unlock.
The option "genius" gave me is to buy another one at 10% only discount!!
I ask them if it is possible to unlock by software or firmaware the iTouch in order to do not lose my $240 dolars inverstiment. They will not provide that.
The reason I want to permanently live the iTouch unlock is that this way I can buy and inexpensive remote control unit and browse the iTouch without having to spend another 200 bucks.
Anyone know if it is possible to unlock via some application or code and live it unlocked. As far as restore and pressing both bottoms, etc, it does not help in my case.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

i did this recovery mode thing and i do it then it stops and says cant do it coz unknown file or sum#### lol
Old 05-27-2010, 12:49 PM

Freshman Lounger

I'm having the same problem,I can't get my 3rd gen touch to unlock. I've done a restore 3 times,and on the 3rd try I even tried setting it for a new ipod,it did nothing. Can't get the slides to operate.

Topic: How to unlock iTouch?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.