Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Please Help! Unable to join the network "(My SSID)" message

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 02-04-2008, 12:02 AM

Freshman Lounger

Please Help! Unable to join the network "(My SSID)" message

Since the day i got my iPod touch, i have had this problem
Every time i try to connect to any connection including my home connection, i get this error message "Unable to join the network '(My SSID)'". i have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions on the Apple website and have come here for help.

Also when I tap the blue arrow to look at the Network details, everything is blank.
There in no entry for the IP, Subnet Mask, Router, DNS, or anything.

Please help. any suggestions are appreciated

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 02-04-2008, 12:05 AM

Reclined Lounger

Check out this thread. Guy is having a similar problem and there are a couple of suggestions in there.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:10 AM

Freshman Lounger

sad to say, I have already tried all of those suggestions

and i have a netgear router =\
Old 01-13-2009, 12:13 AM

Freshman Lounger

So I was running into the exact same issue. I found another forum that had a somewhat different suggestion. First, I turned off my wireless security for a second and then connected to the network. No problem there whatsoever. I then went back and turned on wireless security on my router and set a 64-bit 10 digit code password. I typed it in my iPhone (it's case sensitive it seems) and boom, I was on. Worth a shot maybe? I haven't tried connecting on 128 bit encryption yet, if that's what you're trying.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 AM

Junior Lounger

what kind of netgear router? I am also using a netgear router and my iPod connects without any problems
Old 01-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcon1221
sad to say, I have already tried all of those suggestions

and i have a netgear router =\
Did you find a solution to your problem yet? I'm having the same problem as you. I've been all over Apple discussions trying to fix the problem, but haven't been able to.
Old 04-20-2009, 02:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

I was getting the same message on two iPod Touches here. After trying all sorts of things that people suggested, what finally worked was to uplug the modem, wait 30 seconds, plug it back in. Go to the iPod settings and select General and then network settings and Reset network settings. Restart the iPod Touch (or iPhone) and try to connect again, putting in your password when asked.

This worked on both iPod Touches. (My modem security settings were WPA2.)
Old 01-31-2010, 12:11 PM

Freshman Lounger

I've tried all of the above help solutions and still pulling my hair out. After a long extensive search on all the boards of reseting network setting , rebooting itouch and my router/modem, I was still getting "unable to join the network". My solution was as follows: Check through your home for other devices that are running 2.4 ghz frequency. Go unplug them and see what happens. I had a wireless camera network for our baby nursery and backyard running and must have been hogging up the same band that was necessary to connect my itouch to my network. Solution: I unplugged the wireless camera and I am up and running. Also couldn't connect via my Wii to home network and now I can after unplugging the wireless camera system.. VICTORY !!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 08:18 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up

I had the same problem and it drove me crazy! But here's what I did
-connected my ipod to the computer
-shut down my computer
-unpluged the router and let it rest for a minute than plug it back in
-reset your network settings and it should work
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:49 AM

Freshman Lounger

iphone - unable to join the network - Solved

Solved - Solved -Solved

I held my iphone touching the antenna of WIFI router, it connected to the router. I was able to use the internet in this position only. Moving away from router's antenna, internet does not works. At leaset now I can do some very urgent works on iphone without GPRS connection.
I was not able to use my wifi for last six months. Done everything that was already discussed in all the forums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7rItVFUeg
Old 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM

Freshman Lounger

Thumbs up Fixed!!! Fixed!!! Fixed!!!

Go to www.routerlogin.net

Enter login ID and Password- first time user's login info is found underneath router near serial numbers and barcodes.

Once logged in look in the left window pane underneath ADVANCED-

Click on WIRELESS SETTINGS

Click- SETUP ACCESS LIST

Uncheck- TURN ACCESS CONTROL ON

Click- Apply

DONE!!!!!!!! ----------CONNECT IPHONE3GS USING WIFI

--------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Simple Fix

I have been unable to join my wireless network for about 2 months. I had tried everything. Today I noticed my router was set to only broadcast using wireless N. Apparently, iphone does not use this band, so I set it to BGN and everything is working swimmingly now. Hope this helps
Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Freshman Lounger

Today I installed iOS 4.0 on iphone 3G. The wifi is only working the same way (By touching the antenna of my WIFI router). Atleast now I had guts to install new firmware and unlock the iphone through WIFI. In my case now, it's definately a hardware problem.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:29 PM

Freshman Lounger

Change Operating Channel on Router

I was having the same problem intermittently, until all of a sudden it got way worse!
I went to my router's "operating settings" which was set to auto-choose the channel or frequency band the router uses. I randomly picked another channel, and voila, the ipad connected flawlessly!
Hope this helps.

3. Operating Channel

To change the channel or frequency band at which the Router communicates, please choose it below

Channel:
(FCC)

Keep my channel selection during power cycle
Old 08-12-2010, 05:41 PM

Freshman Lounger

Still having issues

Nothing has worked for me I have a linksys router with a wpa code that I keep entering but it keeps saying unable to join. I've reset everything a million times. It worked just fine yesterday.........

Topic: Please Help! Unable to join the network "(My SSID)" message

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.