Help with screen scratch/crack?!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

m0dded

I was walking towards my car today and bent over to pick up my wallet which had fallen out of my pocket as I reached for my keys. As I reached down, my arm got caught on my headphone wire and pulled the iPod out of my pocket and on to the cement. It still works fine, but has 10-20 small white stress marks/chips on the glass, probably from the impact on the ground. Is there any way to carefully remove these from the glass so it looks new again? I'm killing myself for letting this happen!

paranoidxe

m0dded said:
I was walking towards my car today and bent over to pick up my wallet which had fallen out of my pocket as I reached for my keys. As I reached down, my arm got caught on my headphone wire and pulled the iPod out of my pocket and on to the cement. It still works fine, but has 10-20 small white stress marks/chips on the glass, probably from the impact on the ground. Is there any way to carefully remove these from the glass so it looks new again? I'm killing myself for letting this happen!
From what I gather these are actually cracks in which case there is no DIY fix for this..you might be able to order a new screen from a iPod fix it site.

m0dded

Well they aren't connecting or spreading in any way, so i wouldn't exactly call them cracks. They are very small chips out of the glass, you can hardly feel them with your fingernail. Is there any way to buff them out or something like that?

touchy

Usually attempting to fix something like that makes things worse. While a little while, and if it still drives you nuts then sell it on Craigslist and buy a used one the same way. Sure you'll take a $ hit, but it's cheaper than starting over with a new one.