Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Where can I check the status of battery left?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 AM

up_all_night

Where can I check the status of battery left?

Aside from the little one up top, is there a way I can see it in a large image like i would when the ipod touch is first connected to a computer or itunes?

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:31 AM

Junior Lounger

In sleep mode when you slide to unlock it shows the battery status

dave
Old 01-14-2008, 08:04 AM

Junior Lounger

If your touch is jailbroken, you can install extended preferences and toggle between the regular battery indicator and being able to see an actual percentage of the amount of charge left. Other than when it's plugged in, I don't know of a way to see the large battery indicator.

Just check the "hacks & mods" forum for instructions on how to do it directly through installer.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:09 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja21
In sleep mode when you slide to unlock it shows the battery status

dave
Sorry my mistake, you only see that screen when connected to itunes or whilst charging

Dave
Old 01-14-2008, 01:27 PM

Battery status is always shown in the upper right corner no matter what screen you are viewing. Music, videos, surfing the web, pictures, etc. That battery meter is always there. The iPod touch will NEVER show you how much time is available though as it simply can't due to the fact that different applications take up more power than others. There is also no need for a larger picture as it is just as inaccurate as the one in the upper right corner.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 01-14-2008, 05:50 PM

Veteran Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornchild2002
The iPod touch will NEVER show you how much time is available though as it simply can't due to the fact that different applications take up more power than others.
But a little programming nouce from the developers would allow it to show how much time is left at the current usage rate...

h

160Gb Classic, iPhone 4, Ultimate Ears TripeFi 10, 15,000+ songs
Old 01-14-2008, 06:02 PM

Power Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhnhyouh
But a little programming nouce from the developers would allow it to show how much time is left at the current usage rate...

h
what would be the point of it? it would be inaccurate anyway so you couldn't rely on it. if your battery indicator says "half of the battery is left" I really think this is enough. but that's just my opinion.
I mean it's just like if you copy something from one hard drive to another and it says "approximatly xyz minutes left" ... noone really cares about those numbers because they are crap anyway same for downloads btw, although they can be more accurate because you'll have a constant download rate most of the time.

but it COULD be created, that is true, if that was all you wanted to say.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhnhyouh

h
That could very well happen. However iPod battery meters are always inaccurate. You would think that after all these years Apple would be able to program an accurate battery meter. It seems though that as each generation comes out, the battery meters become more inaccurate due to the various features added onto new generation iPods (like video playback, wi-fi, TV output, etc.). So it could happen but even when you are just playing back music, the iPod touch would probably vary way too much. One second it could show 18 hours and 30 minutes then show 19 hours, then show 20 hours, then go back down to 18 hours, and so on.

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)

Topic: Where can I check the status of battery left?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.