iPod touch in your car

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gosabres1984

Hello friends,

Is there any type of device that would allow me to plug and play my itouch through my car speakers?

Thanks.

(Keep in mind I have a Ford Taurus with a STOCK CD player, which means I have no cassette player, and no AUX.)

ipodlover29

Registered iLounger
gosabres1984 said:
Hello friends,

Is there any type of device that would allow me to plug and play my itouch through my car speakers?

Thanks.

(Keep in mind I have a Ford Taurus with a STOCK CD player, which means I have no cassette player, and no AUX.)
You can try getting a fm transmitter.

Here are some that are compatible with the ipod touch:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wa/RSLID?n=ipodtouch1&nnmm=browse&mco=4E06B316&node=home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/car_audio

kornchild2002

The only option that you have is to use a FM transmitter. You can also purchase a 3rd party package which allows for a direct connection to the iPod. It goes through your car's FM input and allows for much better quality than a FM transmitter. However the installation can be a pain and the costs can be rather high. You would be much better off just purchasing a new car CD deck. Best Buy often has JVC units for around $120 or so that have auxiliary inputs. JVC or Kenwood (I have a Kenwood) also have direct USB connections for USB memory devices like iPods or thumb drives. Kenwood also makes iPod interface devices so that you can control the iPod right from the CD deck.

FM transmitters just don't have high quality. The quality is rather terrible. If you are using factory standard speakers (which use paper cones) then you might not notice that big of a difference. I on the other hand have after market speakers with silicone/rubber cones and that makes a huge difference (I also have a dedicated subwoofer and three amps).

VipFREAK

If you get an FM trans make sure it's powered and while at it charges the ipod.

I have a griffin itrip auto and recommend it.

mc4

I find FM transmitters to be a waste. However, I do like my FM modulator.

dru106

Why not just get an Alpine deck?? Im pretty sure that the new models out have ipod interface on them. It also charges the ipod also....

dragontit

If you still have a cassette deck as I do, get a tape adapter.

Something like this.

paranoidxe

dru106 said:
Why not just get an Alpine deck?? Im pretty sure that the new models out have ipod interface on them. It also charges the ipod also....
Well because I'm sure most of us don't have $200 to blow plus installation fees.

dru106

paranoidxe said:
Well because I'm sure most of us don't have $200 to blow plus installation fees.
Well if you buy a $400 ipod Im pretty sure you can afford a $200 deck and it makes a world of a difference.

VipFREAK

I bought an aftermarket deck once already. I don't sit in it long enough to waste $200 on a permant ipod connection. My itrip auto sounds just fine. Lastly, I can take my itrip auto if I'm in someone elses car on a trip for example. Oh yeah, and it was only $40.

ileor

No there is a much better way that works on every ipod including the touch because it sticks out the headphone input it looks like a casseste but it has two wires coming out that become one and plug into the headphone input bear in mind check you have a casseste player in your car. Otherwise i would recomend the griffin Fm Transmitter and if you buy this extra accesory for a few quid (or dollars) More it connects to other ones so if ur in two cars u can talk to the other by using the voice recorder in the touch, the left headphone has a microphone in it. picture above