Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I enable TV out on my iPod touch?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 01-07-2008, 06:50 PM

Freshman Lounger

Question How do I enable TV out on my iPod touch?

How do I TV-out? So I can watch movies on TV from my Ipod Touch.

I went to settings > Video but did not find something like "ask for tv" or something like that. Because on my G5 there is an option where you can either watch on ipod or TV. But on the Ipod Touch there is no such option. So how can I watch movies on TV from my Ipod Touch? I do have the cable (TV-out cable red-white-yellow heads that connects to Ipod Touch).

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:28 PM

Registered iLounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingazn628
How do I TV-out? So I can watch movies on TV from my Ipod Touch.

I went to settings > Video but did not find something like "ask for tv" or something like that. Because on my G5 there is an option where you can either watch on ipod or TV. But on the Ipod Touch there is no such option. So how can I watch movies on TV from my Ipod Touch? I do have the cable (TV-out cable red-white-yellow heads that connects to Ipod Touch).
You have to buy one of these:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=MB129LL/A

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=MB128LL/A

Composite is for regular tvs and component is for HDs

I just bought the composite and the video quality is pretty good not as bad as i thought.
It also comes with an ac adaptor and the usb syncing cables and you can hook it up to your stereo. I though it was expensive at first also but since it has 4 functions its not really that bad a price.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:00 PM

If you have the proper cable connected (as described above), on the iPod touch there is no other setting... As soon as you start to play a video, the iPod touch (or iPhone) should prompt you as to whether or not you want to enable TV output.

Note that this only works with the two Apple cables referenced above at this point (and perhaps a few other accessories specifically made for the 2007 iPod models). The video cable for the 5G iPod that connects to the headphone jack does not work with the iPod touch (or even the 2007 iPod classic for that matter). The new iPods no longer output video through the headphone port.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:35 PM

Veteran Lounger

Make sure the TV is on before you try to play a video, otherwise the iPod won't detect it.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington
If you have the proper cable connected (as described above), on the iPod touch there is no other setting... As soon as you start to play a video, the iPod touch (or iPhone) should prompt you as to whether or not you want to enable TV output.

Note that this only works with the two Apple cables referenced above at this point (and perhaps a few other accessories specifically made for the 2007 iPod models). The video cable for the 5G iPod that connects to the headphone jack does not work with the iPod touch (or even the 2007 iPod classic for that matter). The new iPods no longer output video through the headphone port.
This is becase apple now builds a chip in the cables, and you have to have a cable with the chip in it to release video to your tv.

Topic: How do I enable TV out on my iPod touch?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.