Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Best way to clean ipod touch screen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 01-03-2008, 11:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

Best way to clean ipod touch screen

What is the best way to get rid of smudges and fingerprints on the ipod touch screen and is windex and stuff like that safe?

Thanks

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:16 AM

iDork

The enclosed cloth works for me.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 AM

Reclined Lounger

Don't use Windex or any chemical product on the glass screen itself. Get a screen protector if you're going to use Windex. It'll screw up your Touch's screen.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM

Senior Lounger

Use windex it won't screw up the screen the first layer is glass.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Junior Lounger

If you tell somebody to do or don't use something u could give proof because if it will or will not damage the screen the product is too expensive to just go try it out.

@Bowlerguy: If you're sure it won't damage the screen then show us (angeled) shots, before, while and after cleaning it with windex.

I have used clear cleaning alcohol for now and the cloth that comes with it but that will also get dirty after a while so make sure you have other clean cloths or clean the other.
I have cleaned it multiple times with alcohol now and there hasnt been any changes in the screen, just do't pour it over of course, you can even use a q-tip and soak it in rub all over the screen and then rub it out with the cloth.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:06 PM

Freshman Lounger

I bought a microfibre cloth from the Dollarama (for $1) and it works better than the cloth that came with it. No need to moisten it - I just breath of hot air on the screen and wipe. Cleans away any smudges, fingerprints and even small abraisions.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM

Pro Lounger

Windex has worked perfectly in my experience, and doesn't damage the screen. As said, it's glass, people. I can't upload pics but it's perfect. Better than any cloth i have found. Like Crystal.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 AM

Registered iLounger

finger print, smudge and scratch solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYyankees472
What is the best way to get rid of smudges and fingerprints on the ipod touch screen and is windex and stuff like that safe?

Thanks
I just bought the power support anti-glare film set for the ipod touch and its works great. Much easier to install than other screen protectors. It protects from finger prints, smudges and scratches. Also has the anti-glare function which is great. Now i dont have to constantly clean my screen. It is a little pricey but I believe it is worth it since it works great for all those funcitons.

Here is the link

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TP869LL/A

Theres also a cheaper one available that is a non anti-glare one on apples website.

Ipodlover29
Old 01-05-2008, 01:30 AM

Senior Lounger

Windex is made for glass. The part of the touch that you touch is made of glass. It works like a dream. I don't have a digital camera and shouldn't have to provide proof for a product working on what it was intended to work on........My screen is perfectly fine and it does a great job.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:46 AM

ipod adviser

get protective film. what you do after is constantly clean screen with microfiber cloth. well, if you already have black one with coming with previous ipod, it's good, too.

16GB 2nd Gen. ipod touch, 8GB iphone 3G, 8GB first gen. ipod touch.

new Apple in-earphone, V-moda Vibe II, Ultimate ears Super fi 4v, iSkin Cerulean X1, Shure SE210

new 15-inch unibody Macbook Pro, Intel core2duo 24-inch iMac, new Apple LED 24-inch monitor, Sony Vaio VGN-NR180E (200GB HDD, core2duo) 15.4-inch wide screen.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 AM

Freshman Lounger

I have Multi-purpose wipes from Dust Off, which are alcohol free. I have all smudges on the back casing of my iPod Touch. Is it safe to use the Dust Off wipes to remove the smudges? The cleaning cloth provided with the iPod Touch doesn't do a good job.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:02 PM

Freshman Lounger

ok thanks everyone
Old 01-06-2008, 02:07 AM

Senior Lounger

i just use the cloth that came with my iPod and works great.

You play the tune, I'll do the groove!

5.5G iPod 30GB with Video (White)
Old 01-07-2008, 01:31 AM

Junior Lounger

Microfiber.
Old 01-07-2008, 01:34 AM

Veteran Lounger

Black Cloth that came with the iPod...as well as Windex and my 100% cotton t-shirt.

iPod Shuffle [2GB/3G] -- iPod Video 240GB -- iPod Classic 120GB -- iPod Nano 16GB [4G] -- iPod Shuffle [2GB/2G] -- iPod Shuffle 4GB
Retired: 5G 60GB, 80GB, Classic 80GB, 2G Shuffle 1GB, iPod Touch 1G 16GB, 1G Nano, 2G Nano

Topic: Best way to clean ipod touch screen

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.