Weather.App Doesnt remember Weather without Wifi

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sab0tage

I was dissapointed to find out that the official Weather.app doesn't remember the last weather that was loaded. I use my touch like a portable mac, and wipped it out today when someone asked about the weather. Unfortuanitly I was no where near wifi access, and the weather app said it couldn't connected.

When I open Stocks, or Maps, those come up with the last data, but weather doesn't. Is there another weather app out there with offline mode? This is very much needed.

DerekVOF

Unfortunately, no. Gotta remember that these apps were developed for the iPhone which typically has access either via cellular network or Wi-Fi unlike is poor iPod Touch punks...

sab0tage

Somebody needs to create a Weather app for the touch with offline mode - this would be very popular under the circumstances.

aaron7114

mine works fine offline. It didn't the first week or so I had it...but now it does. I just open it up in the morning to update it. Then I check it later on at school with no wi-fi access.

Freud

My Weather app (jailbreaked) does indeed recall the last weather settings. It just will not update without WiFi.

DerekVOF

I think there may be limits (time and/or size) to the caches of these programs. For example, if I switch out of Safari, and then switch back, all my pages are still cached. But if I run other applications for a couple hours and come back to Safari, I get blank pages that try to refresh. Weather is probably the same.

sab0tage

Nice find. It will be interesting to see how long it will remember the weather. I would think after some hours/days, it will want to update automaticly to get the latest forcast.

I think if I check the weather each morning, or maybe every other morning, I should be good for offline.

Thanks guys!