Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: iPod Touch is disabled. Anything I can do?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 11-04-2007, 09:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

iPod Touch is disabled. Anything I can do?

I work for a charter company that shuttles tourists around South Florida and a few days ago I found an iPod touch lying on the seat of our tour bus. Naturally, I turned it into our lost and found devision but since we handle a large number of tourists per day, our policy is if its not retrieved within a week we can take it with us. Unfortunately, when I got home, I found the device with a "iPod is Disabled please connect to iTunes" message. When I connected it, iTunes alerted me that it would be unable to unlock the player for me. Is there any way I can get around this, google has not been much help since anything with the word "disabled" in it relates to the new release of iTunes that disables modding and I am not an experienced person with iPods but I do have a pretty strong knowledge of computers in general. Any help is appreciated and I apologize in advance for my first post being one for help.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 AM

Pro Lounger

The original owner must have enabled the passcode lock. Restoring the iPod might remove it.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:21 AM

Senior Lounger

I would wipe it. Hold home and power and after the screen changes let go of power but not the home key. This should wipe the flash and prep it for setup again.
Old 05-18-2008, 05:40 PM

Freshman Lounger

hahaha

yeah I have the same problem with mine. Have you done anything to your one yet?????? I would like to know what you have done..
Old 05-18-2008, 06:24 PM

Pro Lounger

Try a force restore using the instructions above.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:56 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagleyfinnest
yeah I have the same problem with mine. Have you done anything to your one yet?????? I would like to know what you have done..
it works but you have to do this while connected to itunes. doing so i tunes will find it after your " locked message" appears iTunes will give you the option of restoring it. leave it connect and everything should be fine
Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

hello can you help me on how to unlock my ipod touch i have forgoten my password is there anything i can do about it or not ?
Old 03-08-2009, 02:51 PM

Freshman Lounger

when i try to restore my itunes says there is no software available for this ipod please check to see if you have the most recent version of itunes and try again but i have the newest version and it stilkl wont find anything
Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 PM

What is up with all these single-post people asking questions that are different from the thread topic (except for dugie but all they had to do was read the thread)?

64GB iPhone 5 | 64GB iPad mini | AppleTV 2 (2012) | AppleTV 2 (2010) | 4GB 3G iPod shuffle | 2012 15" MacBook Pro, 1TB SSHD, 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz, OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion | Apple Lossless | iTunes AAC -Q 68 | iTunes 11.1 | Library size = 1.78TB | Legacy iPods: 3G 40GB, 4G 40GB, 5G 60GB, 160GB iPod classic (2009)
Old 07-12-2009, 12:34 AM

Freshman Lounger

thank you

Just wanted to say thanks for the advice. worked perfectly!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 PM

Freshman Lounger

i have the same problem with DECORATIVA right now. any solutions? please share. thank you
Old 03-10-2010, 06:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

here my ipods disabled for 12647585846 minutes what can i do ?
Old 04-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by decoradova View Post
I work for a charter company that shuttles tourists around South Florida and a few days ago I found an iPod touch lying on the seat of our tour bus. Naturally, I turned it into our lost and found devision but since we handle a large number of tourists per day, our policy is if its not retrieved within a week we can take it with us. Unfortunately, when I got home, I found the device with a "iPod is Disabled please connect to iTunes" message. When I connected it, iTunes alerted me that it would be unable to unlock the player for me. Is there any way I can get around this, google has not been much help since anything with the word "disabled" in it relates to the new release of iTunes that disables modding and I am not an experienced person with iPods but I do have a pretty strong knowledge of computers in general. Any help is appreciated and I apologize in advance for my first post being one for help.
I had the same problem and youtube'd it and found this little kid that help me out a lot it is a simple process!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reXQKt7jJMo
Old 04-24-2010, 01:21 PM

wandaboo
Banned

my ipod is disablei forgotten my password
Old 09-17-2010, 06:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

hi, my little cousin has an ipod touch,
she change her password, but now she forgot the new password.
now her ipod is disabled! what i can do to help her!
her ipod has a note that say connect to itunes!
we already connected but doesn't work!
what we can do?

Topic: iPod Touch is disabled. Anything I can do?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.