Is it easy to dent the back?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

WallyWaldo

Potato Lounger
I mean, I wouldn't take a nail and hammer to it to find out. I'm pretty possitive they are not dent proof so the right amount of force could possibly dent it. I think if you drop it and the back lands on some gravel or somethin like that, it would scratch it up no doubt but I don't think you would see a huge amount of dents on it. I couldn't tell you how sacreligious I've been about trying to keep the back of it pretty scratch free but it seems like no matter what, it's gonna have some scratches and scuffs

zardoz66

it's not real easy but it will dent a 3- 4 foot drop would prolly dent it...

paranoidxe

Yes and no, my iPod Classic (same backing) got a dent in it when I dropped it in a leather case...the belt clip put a dent in the center of it.

If you get a flush case or its bare its not likely to dent unless it falls on a object.

itspossible85

I have a "disorder" so to speak. i love my gadgets and cant stand the TINIEST of scratches... whether its my laptop, phone, camera or now the itouch.
crazy as it may sound, i often check my gizmos in different kinds of lights to see if they've been scratched. however i do take extremely good care of them and so there arent too many scratches. many of my toys are immaculate.

coming to your question... i bought the touch a few weeks ago and obviously im obsessed.
i dont have a case/protective cover yet but i take the utmost care and precautions like "resting" it only on a soft surface etc.
inspite of all the care, there are quite a few "minor" scratches, which ####ed me off. i take great care, so i probably never will find out the effects of a 1 or 2 foot drop onto a hard surface.
but yeah, it is delicate.. the underbelly is soft, and it is very easily scratchable.

Naz

it hasnt dented for me yet (even after a 3 foot drop that got me EXTREMELY paranoid) but you damn bet I got scratches. That's why i bought a case on ebay. The only bad part about the online case is that the cleaning cloth looked like papyrus when I got it and scratched the front a lil.

Bottom line, GET A CASE. Cost me 8 bucks for a case, and clear shield and armband thing.

Ed2020

I'm so glad to see the posts from j5star and itspossible85 - I too have this "disorder" :)

I ordered an Invisible Shield for my iPod Touch today - never heard of them until a couple of days ago but they look very promising!

Ed.

westiedog

Tennessee Lounger
I have the same disorder. It's called Pride in Ownership.

30gb fifth generation, 16 gb touch, shuffle, Airport wi-fi router