Help. Touch lost all music/podcasts - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Help. Touch lost all music/podcasts

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 PM

Freshman Lounger

Help. Touch lost all music/podcasts

Help! When I turned on my Touch today to listen to my podcasts, it gave the message that there is no music/podcasts on my Touch. I brought it home today to sync it and I get an error message "iTunes cannot read the contents of SSN's iPod". Even when I try to restore my Touch to factory settings I get a message "An unknown error has occurred (-18)". I still have my contact information, Safari settings, and photos all intact - just the music, videos and podcasts are gone. What's going on??
Old 10-09-2007, 10:20 PM

Junior Lounger

This happened to me today also. I fixed it by trying the suggestion listed in the post below. I'd love to know why this happens at all. This is the second time I've had to restore my iPod because iTunes mysteriously stopped recognizing it.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...42&postcount=3
Old 10-09-2007, 10:24 PM

Freshman Lounger

RHPT - thanks for the reply. I did what was said in the link you posted and everything worked out fine. I was really panicked for a while though!! Thanks for the help!!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:17 AM

Freshman Lounger

That happened to me last night. Synced the Touch with iTunes fine. Unplugged it and went into music........no music!!!!!! Nothing. Yet if I went into the About section is said I had 1.4 gigs free so something was taking up the space. Had to do the delete everything and do another sync. Weird part is when it was all said and done the podcast I had been listening to started where I had left off.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:28 PM

Freshman Lounger

Okay this has happened to me twice more. Went months without problems then last week I synced my Touch and it came up empty. Well, not exactly empty as it said I only have 800mb free. Had to reset and delete. Then this week I synced it up, checked to make sure it was all there. Reconnected the Touch and hour later to sync a podcast. Poof! Gone again. Crazy.

Topic: Help. Touch lost all music/podcasts

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.