Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: itunes tv shows won't transfer to my itouch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:32 PM

Freshman Lounger

itunes tv shows won't transfer to my itouch

Anybody know why I cannot sync TV shows I have purchased with my ipod touch?

I have tried several times and they do not transfer. I also have another pod could this be it? mind you I purchased a LOST last night and attempted to put it on my touch and it would not transfer.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Junior Lounger

Are you getting any error message? I have many purchased shows and I put a fair number of them on my iPod Touch (before I returned it to the store as unwatchable, sigh)

I put them in my library, selected the ones I wanted, and then used drag-and-drop to get them onto the iPod, worked like a charm.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 PM

Junior Lounger

You have to play them on your PC/Mac at least once first. Not in entirety or anything... just so you can activate them on that PC.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Pro Lounger

I don't think that is the case, I never had to do that with the tv shows I have bought and I have bought over 50.

| 16GB iPod touch | 30GB 5.5Gen iPod video | 2GB White iPod Nano | 4GB 1Gen iPod Mini | 4th Gen iPod Clickwheel | Apple Newton

|Dell Demension 2350 (Crashed-PC's Suck) | MacBook 13in 2.0GHz (When Leopard is release) |
Old 09-19-2007, 04:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

No error message they just do not transfer onto the pod. I cannot even see a TV show playlist on my pod.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Dim
Pro Lounger

You have it set to manually manage music & video, or sync? If sync, what are the settings on the iTunes video tab for the ipod?

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" Intel 2.8GHz
Camera: Nikon D40x
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
Old 09-19-2007, 05:07 PM

Freshman Lounger

I think I have solved it. I had my tuch set to only sync with 2 playlists(1 movies 1 music) I was dragging the LOST's into one of these folders. I just set the touch to also sync with TV shows and it now seems OK, I guess you cannot move purchased stuff to other playlists?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:14 PM

Freshman Lounger

What version of the itouch do you have; first generation or second?

I am having the same problem. I have purchased three tv episodes and none will down load to my touch. I purchased them over the computer and I have tried all idea mentioned to sync them on my touch; none are working for me. I am becoming incredibly frustrated with the whole situation.

Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahAlice
What version of the itouch do you have; first generation or second?

I am having the same problem. I have purchased three tv episodes and none will down load to my touch. I purchased them over the computer and I have tried all idea mentioned to sync them on my touch; none are working for me. I am becoming incredibly frustrated with the whole situation.

Any suggestions?
You bumped a 1,25 year old thread, the last post wasd a year before the second gen ipod was released, so take a wild guess what version he has

Anyways, theres a 99% chance the error is with the user, you. You have to check your synch options, first and foremost what its set for when you select the touch in general in itunes (where you have the restore buttons etc). See if its set to manually sync or somethin. then click on the tv shows tab in this window (NOT the one you can expand to under the touch itself in the left menu, i am talking about the tv show tab in the window you get when you select the name of thedevice). Here you can see options like sync only certain folders etc

Topic: itunes tv shows won't transfer to my itouch

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.