I tried to return it to the apple store... - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: I tried to return it to the apple store...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-16-2007, 03:43 PM

Junior Lounger

I tried to return it to the apple store...

I bought the iPod touch the first day it came out. After seeing it had all of the common problems (black screen, hiss audio ect...), I wanted to return it. The people at the apple store said they have not heard of any problems that were surging around the net. I told them that the first batch was defective. I showed them a side by side comparison of the black levels between the iPod touch and the iPhone. The difference was like night and day. They said the iPhone has a better screen and that I cannot compare the two because it was a different product. I was sooooo ####ed! They said since I opened it they would charge me $40.00! I tried to talk my way out of paying for the restocking fee. But in the end I had to pay for it.

Did anyone else have such an awful experience trying to return the iPod Touch? Do you think Apple will realize that there is a problem and then I could get my $40.00 back?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:13 PM

Junior Lounger

This is why everybody should wait until Apple fixes the problem. And if you must buy one, don't get it at Apple. Get it somewhere that you can return it without paying a restocking fee.

Apple is really getting a black eye on this. They really need to quit pretending that it's not a problem. They need to admit it and fix it. I guess I'd settle for them just fixing it, since I doubt they will ever admit to it.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:19 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpepper43
They said since I opened it they would charge me $40.00! I tried to talk my way out of paying for the restocking fee. But in the end I had to pay for it.

Did anyone else have such an awful experience trying to return the iPod Touch? Do you think Apple will realize that there is a problem and then I could get my $40.00 back?
I would talk to the manager and have them guarantee you that WHEN this problem becomes acknowledged by Apple that they will give you your $40 back. The fact that they told you the pod/phone screens can't be compared directly contradicts their salesmen who call it "an iphone without a phone".
Old 09-16-2007, 04:40 PM

Junior Lounger

I'm at the Apple store right now, showing the guy side by side comparisons, and he still wont admit and take it back without paying the $40.

This is a ####ing scam.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:53 PM

Freshman Lounger

I would either raise hell right there with their manager, or keep exchanging the thing until I get a good one. What they're doing is plain wrong.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Junior Lounger

I just left. I'm not asking for my money back, I'm asking for a STORE CREDIT, so I can buy a WORKING one when it comes in.

I'm coming back tomorrow to try this again. Apple may be looking at a Class Action if this doesn't get resolved.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Ringwraith

what a bunch of weeners, they should've waived the fee. people on some other forums got a full refund when they complained enough.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Junior Lounger

I am so angry about this. I said that everyone on the apple online community knows about this and they seem to not care and trying to ignore it until there is some sort class action law suit. They practically said the online community is a bunch of fanatics who always find fault in everything. That got me really angry!!! They are sending me a check in the mail because I paid with cash. I feel that once this thing blows up in public eye I am going to the apple store and I am going to give them some attitude of their ignorance and the way they treated me. They think that nothing exists outside of their apple store and nothing exists unless the manager or Steve Jobs says it exists.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM

Power Lounger

Maybe you should get a job there and realize why they can't give you your money back for a non-"popular" YET problem.

3g nano | | 2g shuffle | NEW! 120gb classic | Grado SR225 | Sennheiser HD280 pro
Old 09-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Junior Lounger

Yeah

I just got off the phone with an Apple representative. He was much more helpful than the tools at my local Apple Store.

He asked for the names of the employees that gave me a hard time, noted them, and is sending out a box for me to send my old Ipod back, and they will send me a brand new one overnight mail. He assured me that Apple knew about this and was working on a fix. Very helpful guy.

Perhaps Apple isn't ALL bad
Old 09-17-2007, 07:19 PM

Junior Lounger

What was your issue again? I got my 16GB touch on Saturday and haven't had any major problems...
Old 09-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Senior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffonsok
I just got off the phone with an Apple representative. He was much more helpful than the tools at my local Apple Store.

He asked for the names of the employees that gave me a hard time, noted them, and is sending out a box for me to send my old Ipod back, and they will send me a brand new one overnight mail. He assured me that Apple knew about this and was working on a fix. Very helpful guy.

Perhaps Apple isn't ALL bad
W-..wait a a second. Apple knows about the screen issue and are fixing it?
o_o
Old 09-17-2007, 08:14 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolpepper43
I bought the iPod touch the first day it came out. After seeing it had all of the common problems (black screen, hiss audio ect...), I wanted to return it. The people at the apple store said they have not heard of any problems that were surging around the net. I told them that the first batch was defective. I showed them a side by side comparison of the black levels between the iPod touch and the iPhone. The difference was like night and day. They said the iPhone has a better screen and that I cannot compare the two because it was a different product. I was sooooo ####ed! They said since I opened it they would charge me $40.00! I tried to talk my way out of paying for the restocking fee. But in the end I had to pay for it.

Did you paid with a credit card. If you did, I would not even waste my time with the manager I would just call my credit card company and dispute the charge. Im going to bestbuy to get mines, and plus they offer a much better warranty!
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 PM

Dim
Pro Lounger

The in-store employees are complete toolbags in general when trying to return or exchange stuff. I took my ipod touch back and showed a clip of CSI where the blacks were pathetic looking. The dolt in back said it was the encoding. I realized I was dealing with buffoons right away so I said I wanted to exchange it for another one (even though I knew they had none in stock). I then said I'd take the iPhone 8GB (which is what I was planning to do anyway).

Been much happier since. Better screen, much better features.

Portable DAP: iPod nano 4G 8GB (green)
Headphones: Sennheiser HD485, Sennheiser PX-100W
Computer: Aluminum iMac 24" Intel 2.8GHz
Camera: Nikon D40x
Mobile: iPhone 3G 16GB (black)
Old 09-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Pro Lounger

Yeah, I was thinking, they would probably blame it on the encoding, which is stupid. Lame arse excuses.

Topic: I tried to return it to the apple store...

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.