Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Official iPod touch Discussion Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search
Old 09-14-2011, 01:53 PM

The maximum resolution of the camera is 1280x720, which is 720p HD for video. However, this produces a 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen) which is not typical for photos and definitely wouldn't be what most users would want or expect. Hence, the sides are cropped for still photos leaving you with 960x720 for a more normal 4:3 aspect ratio.

It's extremely unlikely that iOS 5 will change this, particularly since Apple is likely to be releasing an entirely new iPod touch model in the next few weeks.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM

Freshman Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhollington View Post
The maximum resolution of the camera is 1280x720, which is 720p HD for video. However, this produces a 16:9 aspect ratio (widescreen) which is not typical for photos and definitely wouldn't be what most users would want or expect. Hence, the sides are cropped for still photos leaving you with 960x720 for a more normal 4:3 aspect ratio.

It's extremely unlikely that iOS 5 will change this, particularly since Apple is likely to be releasing an entirely new iPod touch model in the next few weeks.
I see. I really like the video recording, looks very nice.

But the pictures don't look good at all, only when taken under abundant sunlight, and using the focus feature... But the video quality seem far superior, even if it had the same resolution.

iPod Touch 4gen 8GB
Old 09-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Unfortunately with all the buzz around "HD" people actually forget that video recording resolutions have always been inferior to still photo resolutions. Even the cheapest point-and-shoot cameras these days are around 5 megapixels, and most camera are now easily in the 8 - 10 MP range.

By contrast, even a 1080p HD video camera is only recording at 1920 x 1080, which works out to only around 2 megapixels. A 720p HD video is only around 0.9 megapixels and standard-definition video is around 0.3 megapixels.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 AM

Freshman Lounger

i think its good job really working good on providing fourm, you guys are doing good job on dragging interests good post,but as others are saying, the capacity isn't enough and the touch shouldn't really be the high end iPod.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

well Mr. E the new 4th generation has all those features you are talking about. With wifi capabilities, external speaker, a back facing camera with mic, a front facing camera, app capable, push notification, and multitasking with push it is exactly what you are looking for. It is now become a great wifi VOIP phone with chat/SMS/Voip calling as well as the new ios 5 with all it's great new features like notification center, icloud, and imessenger and many more great features
Old 11-05-2011, 03:37 AM

Freshman Lounger

Thank you

Thank you

Good post

I like your post.

Thats good....
Old 11-26-2011, 02:48 PM

Freshman Lounger

connection ipod-router

hi, i have an ipod and a router but i just can't get online on the ipod. i thought i just had to put the password of the router to login in the ipod but i dont have the internet access in the ipod. my router is an SMC, and i have an ipod touch. can someone help me?thanks
Old 12-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Junior Lounger

After nearly 2 years with no iPods (been using DSi, PSP, and most recently 3DS as music players), I got myself a shiny new 8GB Touch (Pearly White) for Christmas. Loving it so far! Not only can I finally play that copy of Mirror's Edge I downloaded last September, but my entire libraries on both Comixology (admittedly, a bit small) and Nook (a bit bigger) are at my fingertips. Plus, the whole messaging things a nice touch, as I can communicate (around WiFi) with other family members' iPhones. Double plus, I have a decent camera with me for pictures and video. I know there are rumors about a more better Touch right around the corner, but very happy with my purchase, though I do kind of wish I'd waited a bit longer and got the 16GB. C'est la vie!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:49 AM

Freshman Lounger

Fantastic looking dock?

I have been shopping around for accessories for my ipod touch, i've found the Bayan audio, Bayan 7 docking station which I think looks amazing, any thoughts?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Junior Lounger

It's quickly becoming apparent that I should have sprung for the 32GB Touch. Already having to shuffle games in and out (losing saves in the process), and there's no room for the few shows and movies I have on iTunes. What to do, what to do?

I didn't have this problem with my 1G Touch, but then the only game I had on that was Tetris... no Mirror's Edge, no Touch Detective, and certainly no 990MB Batman.

Maybe I can weed out a bit of the music on my iPod that I don't really listen to.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

Let's wait 6 months for the 2nd gen. then we can realy tell
Old 01-01-2012, 05:38 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally Posted by banballow View Post
It's quickly becoming apparent that I should have sprung for the 32GB Touch.
Broke down yesterday and bought the 32GB. All of my music is on there, all of the game's I've downloaded are on there, there's plenty of room for movies and TV shows... bigger IS better, oh yes it is!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Freshman Lounger

Helpp

PLEASE HELP. i lost my ipod touch for about 2 month but i found it today so i charged it then it came up "ipod is disabled. connect to itunes" so i connected it to itunes HERE IS MY PROBLEM instead of my ipod connecting to itunes it said it cant connect because the ipod needs a passcode asking me to enter my passcode into the ipod BUT IT DOESNT LET ME ENTER MY PASSCODE IT JUST SAYS "Ipod disabled connect to itunes ANY HELP WILL ME APPRECIATED
Old 04-18-2012, 02:54 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hi
I can understand your problem but i have not accurate answer for this type of qyery
but i sugget you a site in which you can search a better solution for your problem
Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Freshman Lounger

Hey guys,

I am a new iPod Touch owner and I need a cool case. I have been having my eye on this case called the Morphcase. Do you guys know of any sleek cases? I don't want a big case that is difficult to get in and out of my pocket.

Topic: Official iPod touch Discussion Thread

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.