What do I do if I forgot my iPod's passcode?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

killer1177

I don't often use my ipod's lock/passcode, and I eventually forgot it. Does anybody know the solution to that, is there a way to get rid of the old passcode without knowing the old passcode?

mithra

NOT a mind reader
If you've locked the screen and have forgotten the code, then connecting the iPod to it's "home" computer will unlock it.

If the iPod has a code set, it asks you for the old combination before you can change to a new one. The only way to reset this would be to restore your iPod.

iPod: How to use the Screen Lock

profunky

I don't often use my ipod's lock/passcode, and I eventually forgot it. Does anybody know the solution to that, is there a way to get rid of the old passcode without knowing the old passcode?

I totally cant do anything coz the passcode is required, please giv me some means to reset it.

Last edited by a moderator:

iManpod

But not everything I need to know!

Everything you need to know was already covered in this thread.
Somebody gave me their old touch 16 gb 'cause they couldn't charge it. I immediately plugged it into the computer via firewire and it started. Trouble is, they passcode-locked it and he can't remember the passcode. iTunes doesn't recognize it so I can't restore it in iTunes. The screen basically only says: "iPod is disabled connect to iTues" and turns off. Is there a simple step here that wasn't already covered in this thread?

cshahan

This worked excellent for me,

Plug in your iPod

Go to "My Computer"

Open your iPod's drive (F for me)

Make sure you can see all hidden folders (If you aren't sure go to Tools, Folder Options, View Tab, and check Show)

Open the folder "iPod_Control"

Open the folder called "Device"

Rename the file "_locked" to "_unlocked"

Hope this helped

iPod User11

see my friend bought an ipod touch and its disabled im trying to fix it...i know the passcode but i dont know how to enter it.

mlsir78

Plug in your iPod

Go to "My Computer"

Make sure you can see all hidden folders (If you aren't sure go to Tools, Folder Options, View Tab, and check Show)

Hope this helped

Yey, I forgot my password so I was looking for a solution. I've tried it this way and it worked! :D

irandrew

i got my ipod touch stolen, and the person synced it to their home computer, and put a pass on it. anything i can do?

Website
www.ilounge.com
Hi and welcome to iLounge.

There's no easy way to bypass the passcode on an iPod touch as there is on click wheel iPod devices. You're pretty much limited to simply restoring your device back to its default factory settings, at which point you can reload your backup of your device and your media content from your own iTunes library.

Anon

Plug in your iPod

Go to "My Computer"

Hope this helped

my laptop isnt displaying my ipod as a device with removable storage.

help

Website
www.ilounge.com
Hi and welcome to iLounge.

What model of iPod are you using? The iPod touch will not appear as a removable hard drive and as noted above there is no easy way of bypassing the passcode on it.

=] <3

Plug in your iPod

Go to "My Computer"

Hope this helped
I have tried this and it definitely doesn't work! It says the ipod is disabled and my computer won't recognize it!! is there anything i can do?

Code Monkey

... sigh ...

The lock/unlock file work around only works on non-iOS devices. If you have a non-iOS device it works, if you don't, clearly it doesn't.

If you have an iOS device you can A) dock the iPod to its "home" computer or B) restore it on any computer with a current enough version of iTunes.

These answers are in this thread, in other threads, and all over the web ad nauseam so why in the heck people keep asking is one of the great mysteries we need to solve as a species, because so long as people can use some of the most sophisticated technology ever devised to be so dense, we're pretty screwed as a species ;)

sarah-louisee

Plug in your iPod

Go to "My Computer"

Hope this helped
what if you have a mac? i cannot see these options and i have tried looking everwhere?

head_unit

A friend took hers into an Apple store. That may be more trouble than some of the other methods, but may be handy as a last resort.