Shuffle as full size ipod companion - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Shuffle as full size ipod companion

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-30-2005, 08:49 PM

Reclined Lounger

Question Shuffle as full size ipod companion

For those of you who bought a shuffle to accompany your full size iPod, why did you decide to do that? I ask because I was considering buying a shuffle but I already have a 4th gen 20 gig. Just wondering if its worth it to buy the shuffle too...

4th Gen 20 gig l 4 GB 2nd Gen Nano l Sennheiser PX-100 l Sennheiser HD212 Pro l V-Moda Bass Freq
Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 AM

Hail to the Thief

Me too.....

Frisk,
I think you're in my same situation. I already own a 4g 40Gb, and it satisfies all my needs, but I'm desperately looking for a reason to buy one of those wonderful little shuffles !!!

In love with a 40GB 4G iSkin Evo2 Wasabi
Betraying it with a 512MB Shuffle

"I see no God up here"
Yurij Alekseevic Gagarin
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:45 PM

Reclined Lounger

lol That pretty much sums it up. I love my 20gb but I also really like the shuffle and I think I'd probably use it a lot in the gym. I'm just having trouble convincing myself that I need to drop $100 on another mp3 player.

4th Gen 20 gig l 4 GB 2nd Gen Nano l Sennheiser PX-100 l Sennheiser HD212 Pro l V-Moda Bass Freq
Old 05-31-2005, 06:06 PM

I bought mine so I could...

1. Use it at the gym and not have to worry about a $300 peice of electronics in my pocket.

2. Use it as a thumb thumb drive.

3. For my wife to use. She llikes having an iPod occasionally, but doesn't use it enough to justify buying a full blown one.

I still use my regular iPod most of the time, but I don't regret buying the shuffle at all. It's great for what it is.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:33 PM

Freshman Lounger

Re: Shuffle as full size ipod companion

Quote:
Originally posted by frisk291
For those of you who bought a shuffle to accompany your full size iPod, why did you decide to do that?
Because I dropped my 40GB on the treadmill a couple of times. I was lucky (I think) and didn't damage it, but after that I spent most of my run freaking out about whether I'd drop it again or somehow damage it. Kinda took the fun out of it.

I LOVE my shuffle and use it several times a week for running or cycling. The small size and near-weightlessness is perfect - I don't have to think about it at all.
But I also use my full size almost daily. It's the one that holds the entire family's library - so we use it in the car, and plugged into speakers at home. I also teach yoga, so I use it to carry playlists for yoga music around.

The shuffle complements the full size version very well, IMO.

Last edited by limesally; 05-31-2005 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:43 PM

Freshman Lounger

1) I got mine for $0.

2) B-day present for little sister...I have a free 4G 20GB one and of course she wants one too, but she has a small collection and can wear it while playing sports, etc.

3) Nice addition to solidify the growing Apple-ness of my room. Apple should give me a discount for becoming a conversion

The Top Hat Greets You

4G 20GB
1GB Shuffle
Old 06-01-2005, 05:15 AM

Junior Lounger

1. much lighter to carry around, especially when going to the gym.

2. great to take to the beach and not worry about breaking/losing my $300 4G iPod.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:38 AM

Freshman Lounger

Needed a thumb drive, so used it as an excuse to buy a shuffle.
Now use the shuffle about 1000% more than my 3G 20GB regular iPod.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:05 AM

Junior Lounger

I found that exercising with my 60GB Photo was just too awkward. I got the 512MB to use for that reason. It's so small and light, I don't even know it's on me. Good luck on you decision!

Old 06-02-2005, 12:11 PM

Reclined Lounger

Most of you guys mentioned using the shuffle at the gym, and thats mostly what I was planning to use it for. It would be great because I can load one good workout playlist on it and go. It's highly unlikely that I'll suddenly want to listen to classical music when I'm working out. Also, I do need a thumb drive for school next year. Thanks for the help guys. I'll keep you posted on my decision.

Old 06-07-2005, 06:31 PM

Freshman Lounger

Hi, I just added a Shuffle to my collection yesterday and I love it. I bought it to go running with and because my 3G's battery is worthless. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Shuffle's built-in iTunes playlist has handy options for pulling songs from your other playlists (like my Running playlist) *and* it can automatically dump all the songs and pull new songs with each sync - guaranteed variety!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:39 PM

Junior Lounger

small, light, cute and its *CONVIENENT*

Shufflez

---------------------------

512mb Shuffle, 4gb green Mini + Griffin Itrip, 2gb white Nano
Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 PM

iPod Classic 80GB Silver

1) Small and Stylish

2) Got it for FREE

3) I dont have a large music collection

Topic: Shuffle as full size ipod companion

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.