XP won't recognize shuffle... and other problems...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

rangerkeeper

Hello

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

I own a 1gb shuffle and have had no problems until last week. My Dell laptop using XP stopped recognizing my shuffle. I tried to update the iPod software and failed. I then tried to uninstall all the ipod/itunes software and start over. I was unable to uninstall any software. On the Control Panel Add and Remove Software, the software just won't go away. Thanks again, I hope there is some simple fix.

-Ben

SWiTCH

Do you have any network drives?

Windows has a bad habit of assigning the same drive letters to two devices and that makes bad things happen. Go in to your Administrative Tools in control panel and change the drive letter for your iPod to something unused and see what that does for you.

rangerkeeper

Switch-

You may be onto something, but I don't know how to do what you're asking. In Administrative Tools, what do I do?

Thanks!

-Ben

SWiTCH

Go to Control Panel then Administrative Tools then Computer Management then finally Disk Management.

You should see all your drives in there and you can change drive letters, etc.

SWiTCH

Here's a screenshot to maybe help you. As you can see, I have two network drives that don't show up in Disk Management. Windows always trys to assign everything to those two drive letters and I have to manually move it be it my iPods, my camera, etc.