Shuffle Owners - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Shuffle Owners

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-25-2005, 03:43 AM

Junior Lounger

Shuffle Owners

Hey im just wondering if most Shuffle owners have bigger ipods or just a shuffle?

I just use the shuffle and am wonering what the advantages would be of having a shuffle and a bigger ipod.

Discuss.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:07 AM

Pro Lounger

I have a bigger iPod. I wanted a flash player, because as small as iPods are, it was getting to be a pain to carry around.

At this point, the Shuffle gets much more use than the iPod.

I guess I don't really need a 20 gig, but it's nice to have if I have to travel.

Old 05-25-2005, 02:15 PM

Junior Lounger

Before I got the shuffle, I was dead set on getting the Mini as I wanted to have my whole collection with me.

But after reading some of the user experiences here in ipodlounge, especially for those who sold their bigger ipods for the shuffle, I thought I'd give it a try.

So far it's been great, no regrets.

Shuffling to 512mb of songs
Old 05-25-2005, 03:08 PM

Freshman Lounger

I just ordered a 1gb shuffle after selling my 3g full sized ipod I still have a mini though which I still use a lot.
The idea behind the shuffle is that I can take it anywhere because it is small light...... and I won't so worried if it gets damaged....

Looking forward for my 1gb shuffle and case to come :-)

iPod mini -blue (3g gone) , ipod shuffle 1gb sony ex71sl's -
Old 05-26-2005, 12:07 AM

Reclined Lounger

I bought a 512 MB Shuffle in March, originally for use at the gym. Now I carry it everywhere, finding plenty of opportunity to fill in time listening to music. It's so small and practically weigthless (the ear buds are the bulkiest part!) that I just always have it on hand. It holds more music that I'd ever have the chance to listen to in a day.

Yet, today I bought a mini--but I did that specifically to listen to audiobooks. It sounds like the Shuffle is just not ideal for that. Audible had a deal--$100 off the mini if you sign up with them for a year, so I took advantage of it.

I still think I'll carry the Shuffle around with me and I'll definitely keep using it at the gym. But I'll probably use the mini when we go on trips or at home.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:42 AM

Keep on 'Podin

I have a 20GB and the Shuffle. I use the Shuffle at the gym and keep it in my bag with me as where the 20 only really gets used in the car now.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:19 AM

Junior Lounger

Similar experiences as these guys...I use my Shuffle a whole lot more and use my 20GB mostly for road trips.

I think of my Shuffle as My Personal Music Player; everything on it is MY music, suited to MY tastes and MY ratings. I don't need a screen because everything that's on it is mine mine mine.

I think of my 20GB as The Playlist Player; it has all of my playlists which I can select to match a certain mood or person that's riding in the car with me.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:56 AM

Power Lounger

I sold my 1.5 month old 4G 40 gig iPod after having my Shuffle for a week. I just couldn't justify have a $400 device that I was only going to use every once and awhile. I don't regret it at all.

I'm going to Jamaica next week and I'm just taking my laptop so I can charge my Shuffle and transfer music, so to me, the fact that it doesn't hold all my music is not a disadvantage at all.

Matt
Old 05-27-2005, 05:27 AM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by mtnagel
I sold my 1.5 month old 4G 40 gig iPod after having my Shuffle for a week. I just couldn't justify have a $400 device that I was only going to use every once and awhile. I don't regret it at all.

I'm going to Jamaica next week and I'm just taking my laptop so I can charge my Shuffle and transfer music, so to me, the fact that it doesn't hold all my music is not a disadvantage at all.
yeah exactly the same for me, well except the jamaica part.

Old 05-27-2005, 06:46 AM

Junior Lounger

I have a 60GB Photo and a 512MB Shuffle, and I love them both. I use the shuffle for walking, and the Photo I take camping and to work

Old 05-27-2005, 08:47 AM

Gadgeteer

If have not touched my old 1st Gen 5gig iPod since February... when I picked up a 1gig shuffle. Like other posters have said already, it weighs next to nothing and is more like an accessory to my noise cancelling phones than the other way around.

OMG! It's My Gadget Life
Old 05-27-2005, 11:12 AM

Block Rockin Beats

I got a 512MB shuffle when they came out since I needed a flash drive to take print documents to the printer. And having an mp3 player built in seemed like a bonus to me, since most of the nicer flash drives cost about the same. I now use my shuffle when I am riding my Trek or going on walks, since it is much lighter. I have audio line in cables on my home stereo and car stereo for my full size iPod, where I don't have to worry about the weight of it or if I will drop it.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 PM

Junior Lounger

I have 1G Shuffle and a 40G Ipod. I use both extensively everyday. The shuffle pretty much lives in my gym bag (I have the arm band and short lead Sony headphones). It "works out" great. The regular Ipod goes to work with me. It keeps me entertained throughout the workday.

As for travel, I normally take both along. The shuffle works especially well in the airport while waiting for the plane. It's small, compact, fits in my pocket, and I don't need to get into my carry-on bag to get it out/put it away. Once I get settled on the plane, it the full size and my QC2s.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:54 PM

Freshman Lounger

I only have a 1GB Shuffle which I got last week, but I'm planning on getting a Mini.

Topic: Shuffle Owners

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.