Shuffle skips tracks in play in order mode - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Shuffle skips tracks in play in order mode

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-11-2005, 09:09 PM

Freshman Lounger

Shuffle skips tracks in play in order mode

I like the iPod Shuffle, especially for running, only a problem has come up. I listen to MP3s of Opie and Anthony's XM 202 program because I cannot receive XM at work and streaming is not an option there.

I split the 4 hour recording into about 24 tracks to make it easier to navigate on the shuffle. Obviously, I play these in track order.

On Sunday I noticed the shuffle jumped over 3 tracks. I updated firmware to 1.1 and converted to aac without any change. I restored the ipod which did fix the problem.

Only 4 days later, I have the same problem again. I expect restoring it will fix the problem, but I can't do this every few days.

Is this a confirmed bug or do I have a defective shuffle? I can remember waiting months for firmware updates for my 3g 30GB and really do not want to have to go through that again.

Filovirus

3g iPod 30GB, 4gb Mini, 1gb shuffle
Old 05-11-2005, 09:15 PM

Freshman Lounger

Additionally, I loaded the exact same playlist with the skipping track to my wife's 512MB and they played fine all the way through. I loaded to the 30GB and Mini and they played them normally too. The tracks are recorded from my PC to wav and then converted to MP3 via Audition. From Audition, I split the tracks using MP3 Splitter and Joiner by ezsoftmagic

Thanks,

Filovirus

Topic: Shuffle skips tracks in play in order mode

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.