homemade ipod shuffle charger

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

raiderninerfan

Hi, I really want to build a shuffle charger using a 9volt battery and a regulator and as seen on many websites and probably stick it in an altoids tin.
I want to use it for my trip to Europe, but I'm wondering if anything will happen if I bring this to the airport in a check-in luggage bag. Will the screeners be alarmed about this? or will they not even find out? I know the bags are screened using the Explosives Detection System xray machine, but I'm not sure if they would manually handcheck my bag if they notice this in the xray......

Echopac

I would be very carefull about home made electronics going through airport security, I have heard over at head-fi.org someone reported having a headphone amplifier confiscated. Why not get the suffle battery option??
Battery Pack
Extend the battery life of your iPod shuffle with this Battery Pack. Two AAA batteries keep music playing up to 20 hours after the internal battery is drained. It's the perfect companion for long plane rides, hikes or any time you’re away from the computer for a while.
Or take a USB cable with you and connect to any computer for a charge.

raiderninerfan

i would if it was cheaper. apple sells it for $30. i can get all the parts for free for the homemade one....

i wouldnt dare take this along in my carryon baggage, but i'm wondering if they would still take it away if it was in my checkin luggage?

zip22

no, you'll be fine. its just a pack of batteries with some wire (and maybe a voltage regulator). theres not even any circuitry. i think it would be fine to take with you on your carryon. i have brought a pack of AA batteries. this wouldnt appear much different.