Is it in right? - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Is it in right?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Freshman Lounger

Is it in right?

I want to be 100% sure i have it pluged into the usb. Ive tryed every slot on my computer that it fits into. I have a Dell Windows 98 Second addition tower. Anyone have this and use it w/ there ipod shuffle or has a picture of the tower and knows where to plug it in that would be great thanks.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:07 PM

Veteran Lounger

what model is the dell? USB ports in the back will work for sure. if the USB ports in the front go in at an angle, thats where there have been some problems. also, make sure the ports arent recessed too far. if you post the model number, i could provide you with a certain answer
Old 05-06-2005, 07:45 PM

Freshman Lounger

GX150. Two more things. My mouse is wireless and i plug the reciver into the usb in the front. Could that be the reason why the computer isnt picking the shuffle up? Also, when i plug the shuffle into the back, i get a blinking orange light, and when i take it out and plug it back in, it makes a noise through my speakers. A quick three note tune. Im really lost right now. Got help?
Old 05-06-2005, 07:59 PM

Veteran Lounger

the blinking orange light means its connected to your computer, as does the windows noise. it looks to me like the ports on the front should work fine. does it make the noise and start blinking when its plugged in the front?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:03 PM

Veteran Lounger

your problem is windows 98

Quote:
Windows system requirements

* PC with USB port(5)
* Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
i thought there was someone who created a driver for it, but im not sure

edit: heres the windows 98 ipod driver
http://mho.republika.pl/ipod/index.shtml

Last edited by zip22; 05-06-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:20 PM

Freshman Lounger

Talking

Yes! Finally i got it working. I got it to work before you replied those last two times. I'll tell you what I did, it might be helpfull to anyone who's computer's arent reading there shuffles. I did the following:
Control Panel
System
Hardward (tab)
Device Manager
Universal Serial Bus controllers
Now i plugged the shuffle in the USB in the back of my computer.
The computer saw the ipod plugged in FINALLY

I <3 iPod Shuffles

working ones.

Topic: Is it in right?

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.