Pause or switch off Shuffle when not needed. - iLounge Forums
Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: Pause or switch off Shuffle when not needed.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 05-02-2005, 06:19 PM

Freshman Lounger

Pause or switch off Shuffle when not needed.

Heya

I use my iPod shuffle at school a lot (spend most of my time in the DT department, they're pretty liberal about earphones there!).

The trouble is, most of the time, i'm listening to my shuffle on-and-off, between working on PCs, going into the workshop, talking to teachers, etc.

Every time I do so, i do not wish to leave my shuffle playing. However, reaching into my pocket every time to flick the back-switch to "off" is really annoying.

Does leaving the shuffle on "pause" suck the batteries? (I know ipod shuffle battery life is incredible, but I want to preserve mine as much as possible: I don't see my PC to charge my shuffle too often). The way I keep my ipod in the little mini-pocket in my trousers, pressing the large pause button is a lot easier than digging it out to flick the off/repeat/shuffle switch!
Old 05-03-2005, 12:01 AM

Brainwashed Right Winger

My wife pauses her shuffle and then forgets to shut it off and it doesn't seem to affect her battery life at all not does it seem to cause a problem with the electronics.

Chris

iPhone 5s 16GB | iPad Mini 1Gen 16GB | 16gig iPad | Unibody MacBook Pro
Old 05-03-2005, 01:17 AM

Junior Lounger

After a short bit when it's left paused it goes into a kind of stand-by mode. According to Apple, when fully charged it can last about one month. So yeah, no need to worry about leaving it on as the drain is minimal and practicly unnoticeable. If you're not going to use it for a day or more, then you can turn it off.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:31 AM

dnd
Senior Lounger

I've put some electrical tape over my on/off switch to stop sweat getting into the Shuffle whilst in the gym (it's stopped in the past coz of this), so I have it 'locked' in sequential mode permenantly.

It's good to hear the battery usage won't decline when I leave it in pause mode...

1GB 1st gen Shuffle/ER-4P headphones
Old 05-03-2005, 09:39 AM

Senior Lounger

great question. i have wondered this myself since i have bought it.

i have wondered if leaving it paused for longer periods of times (hours) will suck the battery. i have also left if paused and forgot about it for a day or so.

glad to hear this doesn't seem to harm the battery!
Old 05-04-2005, 05:10 PM

Freshman Lounger

faantastic! thats really good.

another problem though: i've charged my shuffle for a coupla hours on the old USB 1.1 port (gonna upgrade soon!), until the green light was constantly on (full charge).

then played it on about medium volume whilst connected to my hi-fi set via an RCA lead. After about 4 hours solid play-time, I get an orange light on the battery indicator. isn't the battery supposed to last longer than this?

Topic: Pause or switch off Shuffle when not needed.

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.