Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.

Topic: How do I remove songs from my ipod shuffle

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Old 04-08-2005, 05:07 PM

Junior Lounger

How do I remove songs from my ipod shuffle

As much as I like the concept, size and weight, and sound of the ipod shuffle, putting the music I want to hear on it is becoming a lesson in futility. Everytime I plug it into my USB port, it seems to have a mind of its own. Whoever says the shuffle don't automatically put music on itself is wrong.

Last night I noticed that about 25 songs were on my shuffle at least two times, some were on it three times. These are songs that I assume I manually dragged and dropped to the shuffle at some point and then the shuffle downloaded them as well. I know I didn't do it.

My original question was how do I remove songs from the shuffle? Right clicking on the song gives you an option to "Clear" the song, but for some reason even though its cleared from the list, it is still physically on my shuffle. Last night after clearing some songs this way, my shuffle claimed it had 85 songs, yet there were 97 songs on the shuffle and some of them were the ones I cleared.

Here's what I want to do and I'd appreciate it if someone can tell me if this can or can't be done. I want to clear my shuffle completely without having to a restore on it. Then I want to drag a playlist of ONLY the songs I want on it to the shuffle. That's all I want to do, but everytime I turn around the shuffle is getting songs on its own. I'm almost to the point where I am going to just clear out my whole library and only put the songs in it that I know I want on my shuffle.

Join the iLounge Community and the ad above will disappear.

Old 04-09-2005, 01:06 PM

'' Mr 10 Posts A Day ''

Highlight the songs in iTunes and press delete on your keyboard. You need to make sure autofill is turned off aswell.Then just drag the playlist over.

Owner of 4G 60gb + 1gb ipod nano -

My Last.fm
Old 04-09-2005, 01:36 PM

Junior Lounger

Quote:
Originally posted by iMacc
Highlight the songs in iTunes and press delete on your keyboard. You need to make sure autofill is turned off aswell.Then just drag the playlist over.
You mean while in Itunes, highlight the songs on the shuffle and press delete, correct?

Topic: How do I remove songs from my ipod shuffle

Reply Thread Tools Topic Search

Become a member of the iLounge Forums. Register Now!
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forum FAQ and Forum Policy.